Enduring Every Moment Of Torture

The morning went into a lot of hustle. Sana's mummy called her to her room.
Mummy: Sana tu jaa kar apne shaadi ke leye joda le aa.
Sana: Uski kya zarurat hai. Mere paas jo hai usme se pehen lungi.
Mummy: Sana ab teri zidd puri ke humne. Ab tu kuch nhi bolegi. Hum jaise bolenge vaise tu karegi.
Sana: Accha accha thek hai. Ab baar baar sunao mat muje. Mai apne designer se baat karti hu. Kuch na kuch ho jaayega.
Mummy: Sana tu kitna pareshaan karti hai muje.
Sana: Par pyaar bhi to sabse zyaada karti hu aapko.
Mummy: Beta ek baat sach sach batayegi muje??
Sana: Ha pucho.
Mummy: Yeh sabse tu khush hai??
Sana: Pata nhi Mummy. Par sab thek hoga uski guarantee deti hu.
Mummy:Iska matlab tu khush nhi hai??
Sana: Aise kaha kya maine?? Par sab itne jaldi jaldi ho raha hai, ke samaj nhi aa raha hai.
Mummy: To jaldi kya the beta. Thoda aaraam se karti na.
Sana: Time nhi hai mummy mere paas.
Mummy: Time nhi Matlab??
Sana: Mujhe Canada jaana hai na.
    Aani came along.
Aani: Chalo didi, hame wapas bhi aana hai. Yeh ladki ne kaam pe lagaya hai.
    Sana smiled and kissed her Aani. Sana called her designer and told her she needed a wedding dress. She did not disclose she wanted it for herself, as the news will spread like fire in Punjab industry and social media. Her designer told her she will see what can be done.
    They all had lunch. Sana and Sid both ignoring each other. As Sid had finished his lunch Sheetal came to him.
Sheetal: Sid you have been ignoring me since morning.
Sid: And you don't know why??
Sheetal: Ab kya kiya maine??
    They were many guests in the dining hall. He took her by her arm and went to the garden area.
Sid: Kal raat ko tumne kya bakwaas ke??
Sheetal: Kya bakwaas??
Sid: Konse necklace ke baat kar rahi the tum?? Kab promise kiya maine tumhe koi necklace??
Sheetal: Sid muje laga vo necklace jo tumhare room me hai vo tum muje dene wale ho.
Sid: Don't play these games with me Sheetal. Mai jaanta hu tumne kal yeh kyu kiya. Do you think I'm a fool?? Ya tumhe lagta hai, yeh tumhare games muje samaj nhi aati. I had already told you don't mess with Sana. You know how I feel about her. Maine kuch nhi chupaya hai tumse. Aur hamare beech ek deal hue hai. But I think I should reconsider it.
Sheetal: Sid this is not fair. Tum har baar Sana ke vajah se muje sunate ho. Kya shaadi ke baad bhi yehi chalega??
Sid: Mai Sana ke wajah se nhi, tumhari harkato ke wajah se sunata hu. Don't do this sheetal. Mai already bahot tension me hu. Don't add to my problems.
Sheetal: Ok. I'm sorry.
Sid: It's ok.
    A shamiyaana was build in a garden for the haldi function. The white and yellow flowers added to it's beauty. Sana was to be engaged in the large hall, and then the guests will shift to the haldi function. The function will be over by six in the evening and then there was an orchestra to entertain the guests.
     Sana was wearing a orange and yellow lehenga, for her engagement, which was enhancing her beauty. They all have gathered in the hall. Sid was in the hall too. He wanted to run away to his room and not witness any of this. But baba has insisted for him to not leave the hall. In case anyone needs anything. All the ladies of both the families were sitting together. Sana entered the hall with Pari and Chachi. Sid felt his heart has popped out of his chest. He looked away. Not wanting to see this beautiful girl, who was supposed to be his. Only his.
    Sana climbed the stage. She looked directly at him, before him looking away. Aahaan was on the stage too. The parents of both climbed the stage and the ceremony began. Sana heart beat was racing. This is what you want. Right?? So don't regret now. I'm not regretting anything, she told herself. It was time to exchange rings. Sana was about to put the ring on Aahaan's finger and she looked at Sid. It was the same look she had given when she was leaving nine years back. Pleading. Pleading him to stop her. She knew he had not stopped her then and will not stop her now. And  the rings were exchanged. They fed sweet to each other.
    Sana was sitting in the room. She has come to her room to change for her haldi function. She was feeling numb now. She was neither happy nor sad as this was happening so fast. She wanted to be it fast. She went and sat on the couch in the balcony and saw Sid in the garden, smoking. She thought she should get up and go inside, but she didn't move, because it was not affecting her. Sana has never seen him smoking. He was pacing the ground. He looked up her balcony as if sensing Sana's eyes on him. Their eyes met. He stood still looking at her, as if drinking her every details. To store in his mind to last a lifetime.
    The haldi function in the shamiyaana was a fun affair.The brides were looking beautiful. The grooms were having their function in the garden on the other side of the hotel. Sana was wearing a beautiful white and yellow lehenga. She had designed it for Pari's haldi function. Little did she knew that she will be wearing it for hers. All were there, except Sid.
Pari: Maa bhai kaha hai??
Maa: Pata nhi beta dekha he nhi.
Pari: Mai dekh kar aati hu.
Maa: Are nhi beta abhi function shuru karna hai. Mai kisi ko bhejti hu.
Pari: Nahi Maa Mai jaa rahi hu. Panch minute se koi farak nhi padta.
    She got up and went to Sid's room. She knocked and he opened. She took his hand
Pari: Bhai chalo.
Sid: Pari, mat na baby. Mujse yeh toture bardaasht nhi ho raha hai.
Pari: Bhai aap mera haldi function nhi attend karoge. Aap muje haldi nhi lagaoge??
    She started crying and Sid took her in his arms. He had tears in his eyes.
Sid: I'm sorry baby. I'm extremely sorry. Mai selfish ho gaya tha yaha. Chal chalte hai. Ruk tuje nahla deta hu Mai ab haldi me.
    Pari came out of Sid's arms.
Pari: Bhai aap selfish nhi ho aap duniya ke sabse pyaare bhai ho aur sabse acche insaan. Mai samjhti hu aapki takleef.
Sid: Vo sab mat sooch ab tu. Chal enjoy karte hai tera yeh function. Aur vaise bhi bahot paisa kharcha kiya hai humne ispe. Vasul to karna padega na.
    They both laughed and walked to the garden.
    All were applying haldi to Pari and Sana. Ruhi, Viju, shehbaaz and others were playing with it. They were all almost covered with haldi paste. Sid applied to Pari. With all the love. He kept his hand on her head, sitting down on his knees in front of her.
Sid: Life me tuje kabhi bhi kuch bhi problem aaye, to tuje pata hai kaha aana hai. Right??
Pari: Will miss you bhai.
    She hugged him and started sobbing. This was too emotional. All had tears in their eyes. Sana was not looking at them. She didn't wanted to. She was liking this numb feeling. It doesn't affect you. Sid got up and moved behind. Reet came and stopped him.
Reet: Siddharth Sana ko bhi laga.
    Sana looked at him. He hesitated but then moved towards her and applied the haldi paste to her both cheeks. There were both looking in each other's eyes. Sana could see tears in his. But it did not affect her. She was feeling dead. Sid got up and their eye contact broke.
     The preparation for Sana's wedding was in full swing. Sana's wedding and reception dress were coming on the day of Pari's wedding. Today was Mehendi. Sid was mostly out of sight. He was purposely not coming in front of Sana. All his control on himself and patience were draining him. He has worked out for hours in the gym today. To tire himself. To pent out the frustration. The Mehendi function had started and Pari and Sana were applying Mehendi on their hands sitting in the shamiyaana from the local Rajasthani girls. Sid didn't even wanted to go near it. He had no courage left now. He was just praying that all this gets over soon and he gets back to his work. And then it will be work work and only work. One of the guest sitting near the shamiyaana called Sid, as he was passing by. He came to her and was listening to want she was saying. Sana was looking at him. And he heard what he didn't wanted to hear.
Mehendi Girl: Didi aapke hone wale pati ka naam likhna hai??
Sana: Ha ha zarur lekho. Logo ko aur muje bhi to yakin ho jaaye ke mera pati kon hai??
Mehendi Girl: Kya lekhu??
Sana: S.... Are nahi nahi mera naam S se start hota hai. Meri hone wale pati ka naam Aahaan hai. Lekho Aahaan.
    Sid looked at her and she looked with hatred. Sid turned and left.
Pari: Sana mat kar yeh sab
Sana: Kya?? Shaadi??
Pari: Tuje pata hai tu puri tarah pagal ho chuki hai.
Sana: Ha muje pata hai. Aur mai aise he thek hu. Kam se kam isme koi taklif to nhi ho rahi hai na.
Pari: Nahi ho rahi na tuje taklif??
Sana: Nahi.
Pari: To fir bhai to kyu de rahi hai.
Sana: Uska kya lena dena usme.
Pari: Uska kya lena dena hai na vo hum dono acche se jaante hai.
    Sana went quite.
    The wedding was a very busy day. All the rituals and wedding ceremony took all day. Sana saw Sid from afar. He was looking so handsome. He was talking to sheetal. This pissed her off and she scolded herself for looking his way.  Finally Pari and Adi were married. Both look so beautiful together. So much in love. Pari was lucky. She got the love of her life. She wished her sister to have everything she desires in life. But Sana didn't cry on her bidai. The tears didn't come. Why is this happening she wondered. All were tired. Pari and Adi were send to Udaipur in other hotel for their wedding night.
    Sana was in her room. Now it's her turn. She will be married tomorrow. There was a knock on the door. Aahaan was standing in the doorway.
Sana: Aahaan kya hua??
Aahaan: Kya mai andar aa jaau.
Sana: Ha ha aao.
    He came in and Sana closed the door.
Sana: Kya hua Aahaan??
Aahaan: Sana kya hum yeh sahi kar rahe hai, itne jaldi shaadi karke??
Sana: Kya hua hai Aahaan??
Aahaan: Muje lag raha hai ke hum bahot galat kar rahe hai yeh.
Sana: Kya tum mujse shaadi nhi karna chahti??
Aahaan: Chata hu Sana. Par abhi itne jaldi nhi.
Sana: Aahaan meri baat gaur se suno. Agar hum dono shaadi karte hai to mai tumse promise karti hu ke tumhe bollywood me gaane ka bhi chance dilaungi. Tumhara mai music video banaungi. Dekho mai tumhe kaha se kaha pahuchati hu. Par please ab mana mat karna. Please.
Aahaan: Ok ok thek hai. Tum tension mat lo hum karte hai kal shaadi.