Friday, January 18th.

Dear Diary,

Hero didn't talk to me all week, which I didn't complain about. Aparently he started texting Megan again. Megan couldn't shut up about how he is running behind her but she says she doesn't want anything serious with him.

"Don't you think it's kind of cruel to play with him?" I had asked her as I saw her putting another red heart on the message and sending it to him. "I mean I think he really likes you"

"We're both having fun" she said.

"But I think he actually likes you. Don't you want to give him a chance?"

"I'm so close to start going out with Nate again. I won't let Hero ruin that. I'm just spending my time until Nate comes crawling back to me. What's so bad with that?" 

Maybe some other time I would have probably just shrugged and stopped the conversation. But at that point I really felt bad about the guy.

"Find someone else to play with Megan" she gasped when I told her that. "Hero genuinely likes you. You don't have to crush his heart just to have some fun. I'm asking you to either concider him seriously or drop him. I'm asking you as a friend" I said before taking my bag and leaving our table.

After school Megan sent me a message.

"You're right. It's not fair to him"

I didn't even answer.

On Thursday morning I woke up earlier than usual.

Why?

Well, today was the auditions for the school play and I was too nervous. I had read the script very carefully and I was pretty sure I wanted the role of Thetis, mother of Achilles. It wasn't a major role but it was something to start with and I was so in love with the goddess' personality. 

I wanted. The. Role.

The auditions were after lunch so I stopped on my locker before first period to read my lines again.

"Hey" I heard a voice from behind me and I rolled my eyes recognizing it.

"What do you want, Hero?" I asked not even looking at him.

"What, not even a good morning today? Not even a smile?" 

I didn't answer him and kept reading my lines.

"Hello? Am I invisible?"

"I wish" I whispered under my breath and finally looked at him.

Goddamn, why does he have to be so handsome?

He smiled at me. "I need you to crack girl code or whatever" he said.

I took a deep breath. "I'm busy"

He ignored me.

"I mean I don't even understand half of the time what Megan is trying to say. What does I don't want to throw rocks at you even mean? Who the fuck says that?"

I looked back at the paper in front of me. "It means she's not intrested"

He raised his eyebrows. "That's what you got from this?"

"Rocks. It's a code we invested together. Rocks could mean something that has to do with love. So if she says she doesn't want to throw rocks at you it means she just doesn't want you romantically" I told him harshly.

Hero looked at me weirdly. "Who the fuck says that?" 

I shrugged. "Nate probably just texted her again"

His jaw clenched. 

And then it hit me. "Wait, this is something only her and I know. Which means she probably knows we're talking and that I would help you figure it out"