Tuesday, January 22nd

Dear Diary,

As soon as I walked to school on Monday morning, something immediately seemed wrong.

Probably because even before I could enter the school gates, I watched Hero walking out of them furiously and heading to his car.

"Hey, hey, what's wrong?" I stepped in front of him.

You could say that we were some kind of... friends? I mean he was still annoying but a lot of the times he made me laugh and I could say sometimes it was fun hanging out with him.

Sometimes.

"What happened? Are you okay?"

He just grunted and tried to walk past me but I went in front of him and stopped him.

"Step aside, Jo. I need to get out of here"

"What happened?" I asked again.

He clenched his jaw and he just looked me in the eyes. 

"Just get me out of here, before I go back inside and punch him in the face until he sees stars!"

My questioning look made him sigh. 

"Aiden" he explained. "I saw him making out with Megan in front of my locker"

I gasped.

Okay, as I said, A LOT of guys were chasing Megan. But she wasn't the type to date someone or make out with them if she didn't actually like them. I've never heard her talk about Aiden before and believe me if she liked him I would have heard it a million times already.

"That's weird" I said. "I don't think Megan had even acknolegded Aiden before. What the hell?" I said mostly to myself.

"I don't give a fuck" he was clearly pissed. "You know how many times I've told Aiden I was into Megan? And now he does this shit" his hand turned into a fist.

I don't think he was so mad about Megan actually kissing someone else, but mostly because that someone was his best friend.

"Come on, let's go inside. We'll confront them"

"I don't wanna go inside" he whined.

"You are not a baby, Hero. You need to look your best friend into the eyes even if he hurt you" I turned away from him. "I do that everyday"

In the end he sighed and followed me.

And as I entered the building the first thing I saw in front of my eyes is Megan holding hands with Aiden. He had her pressed against the lockers while putting her hair behind her ear. And then they were kissing. 

"You got to be fucking kidding me!" Hero whispered behind me.

I looked back at him. "Fuck them, let's go to class" and next thing I knew I was grabbing his hand.

The movement caught us both off guard and we froze. My gaze lingered at our hands for a second and his did the same.

"Sorry" I said and then pulled my hand away.

"No, it's the best opportunity" he said taking my hand again.

I almost stopped breathing.

"Right now. We can be coupley and stuff and she's going to get jealous" he said.

"Hero" I stopped him before he could do anything. 

"What?"

"She's not into you" 

"But-"

"She would have made it clear by now if she was. I'm sorry"

He lowered his head and I just left him there, going to class.