Friday, February 15th.

Dear Diary,

Let me tell you a thing about Valentine's day.

All my life I thought Valentine's day was the worse day in the whole year. And I've had my valid reasons.

First of all, I've never had a boyfriend or a date on Valentine's. 

And you know all single pringles out there can understand that being single on Valentine's day is a curse sent from God. 

I mean, you have to go to school and see everybody exchange cards and sweet notes and candy and kisses and stuff that make me wanna gag whenever I think about it.

And you just have to sit there and ignore everyone being fluffy and cute and continue your day and not get annoyed whenever somebody sends the glee club to perform in the middle of class for someone they like.

But I got to live with it.

It's whatever. Be happy for one day even though you are going to break up in a week because "it's not you, it's me".

But this year my whole mindset changed. And it wasn't because I had someone to spend Valentine's day with. *Cough* Cole *Cough*

But because I finally saw it.

The regret.

And I realized that Valentine's day isn't the worst day of the year after all.

It's the day AFTER.

February 15th. The day when almost everyone comes to school either hangover or pregnant. It's one or the other.

Or generally full of regrets about who they kissed, who they went on a date with, what they decided to do ect.

This year Cole and I decided to have our first date on Valentine's because we wanted to be cheesy like that. He told me to wear something fancy so I wore my favorite red dress that reached a bit below the knew, had full sleeves but a bare back.

Cole told me I looked beautiful and I just said that he probably said that to every girl and we both laughed.

He took me to this restaurant and we ordered.

"So..." he started the conversation. He took a deep breath and unbuttoned the first button of his shirt.

"Are you okay?" I asked him.

He nodded his head. "Just nervous" he chuckled.

I grabbed his hand from across the table and he looked at me. "Don't be. It's just us"

He smiled. "I just... I don't wanna screw this up"

"Chill" I joked around. "You won't. I can accidentally spill the wine on you if you want to feel better"

He laughed. "You are so goddman beautiful" he blurted out.

I smiled at him as I told my heart to calm down. "You said that again"

"See, I'm screwing up"

The food came and we ate as we talked about the play.

"I can't believe Ms Smith actually asked us to kiss" he said.

"It's just an innocent kiss between a couple who is getting back together. Not a big deal" I told him.

He grabbed my hand. "Yeah but now we get to show everyone that we're toget-" his voice fell before he could continue his sentence.

I smirked at him. "That we are what?" 

"Nothing"

"No, say it"