Chapter 8

I walked away from them. I heard the girls calling me to comeback. I didn't listen to them. I continued walking away. Tinawag din ako ni Rhys. I began to walk fast when I heard thez car door closed. Then the engine starts to make noise. Damn! Tumakbo ako nang marinig ko ang papalapit na sasakyan. I keep on running. Napahinto ako sa pagtakbo nang biglang huminto ang sasakyan sa harapan ko. And then the car door opens.

"Why are you running away from me? Tss." He holds my wrist and then he pulled me.

He's frowning as he pulled me to his car. Natural na siguro ang pagiging masungit nito. Ang sungit niyang tignan. Just like the first time I saw him. His jaw is clenching. Darn it! Those well defined jaw looks like a hard stone. His thick brows. Ang pilik mata niyang mahaba. Nahiya yung pilikmata ko bigla. Those luscious lips looks sexy if he'd smirk. This man is screaming perfection.

"Get in the car." He told me after he opened the car's door.

Nanatili akong nakatayo. Before I could speak, he gently pushed me to the passenger seat and then he closed the car's door. He started the car engine and drove.

"What the hell are you thinking? Why all of a sudden you ignore me?" He asked me. Anger is visible in his voice.

"What are you planning to do with me?" I asked.

"What?"

"Are you planning something at me?" I looked him. His eyes are fixed on the road.

"No--" I didn't let him to finish his words.

"You're lying!" I shouted. "You are planning something. I knew it! Is this a part of your plan?"

"Fuck! Where did you get those questions huh? I don't get it." He frustratedly said.

"Ahm... excuse me. Can I interrupt you guys?" Jaime said softly like she was whispering to us.

Doon ko lang nalaman na nandun pala silang tatlo sa likod nakaupo at nakikinig sa amin. They were silent, while me and Rhys are arguing.

"Sorry, Rhys. Akala namin pinagtitripan lang si Ave eh." Jaime said.

"Ayaw lang namin mapahamak kaibigan namin." Rheniel added.

"Her life is in danger. Nag iingat lang kami." Rhea said.

"Wait-- What?" He asked confusedly.

"I thought you were pretending that's why I told Ave not to trust you. Which leads us-- or should I say, 'leads you two to this situation'. I really am sorry." Jaime said.

"What the fuc--" I cut his words.

"No, don't say sorry, Ja." I told Jaime. "I think all of your conclusions were right." I looked at Jaime and then to Rhys.

"What the hell are you saying? You're all confusing me."

"Bakit hindi ka nagpakilala agad nung una pa lang? And where did you get my number? Wala akong pinagbibigyan ng number ko maliban sa pamilya at kaibigan ko."

"I have my ways." He smirked.

"There! See? You are planning something." I said.

"Are you accusing me of something?" Magkasalubong ang mga kulay niya habang tumitingin sakin. He stared back at the road.

"Bakit ka nakikipagkita sa akin?" I asked him.

"Because I want to prove to you that I am not pretending. Because, I don't know why all of a sudden you're not answering my calls even my text messages."

"Bakit doon mo gustong makipag kita. Sa konti lang ang mga taong dumadaan."

"Kasi baka pagkaguluhan ako sa labas ng school niyo. That's why I want to meet you there para makausap kita ng maayos." He said.