Chapter 20

"Asan ka na?" Rheniel asked through the phone.

"Nandito pa sa bahay. Nasa baba na si Rhys, daanan ka na lang namin dyan."

"Okay, sige. Hintayin ko na lang kayo."

I put on some light makeup. I wear leather jeans and a halter top paired with a black leather jacket. I wear my white Adidas shoes. I glanced at myself in the mirror for the last time. I grabbed my phone before leaving my room. I went downstairs.

Rhys was patiently waiting for me. We went to his car and then he droves silently. Sinundo namin si Rheniel bago dumiretso sa isang bar. It's not just an ordinary bar. Sobrang classy ng bar na ito. Rhys wrapped his arms around my waist as we entered the bar. Rheniel holds my hand and followed us. The loud noise coming from the stereo, while the DJ's giving us a wild beat. We sat at the chair of the roundtable in front of the mini stage.

"Would you like some drinks?" He asked us.

"Yes, please." Rheniel immediately answered.

Tamo, walwal is life talaga ang isang 'to.

He called the server to order some lady's drinks for us. Rheniel instantly sip her drinks. Rhys still wrapped his arm around my waist. Rheniel was sitting beside me.

Maya-maya dumating ang mga ka-banda ni Rhys pati na rin si Jax. I felt Rheniel stiffened. Rhys introduced us to each and everyone in our table.

"Bro, this is Ave." He introduced me.

"Jax." Jax spoke before extending his hand.

"Hi." Sabi ko bago makipag-kamay sa kanya.

"Xavier." The man with a top knot hair introduced himself. The rhythm guitarist of The Band.

"Levy." A lean man with a chinky eyes spoke. The drummer.

"Hi, I'm Kairon." The tall yet mysterious looking guy introduced himself. The bassist of The Band.

Nakipag-kamayan ako sa kanila.

"By the way, this is my friend." I introduced Rheniel to them. Nakipag-kamayan din sila.

We're talking about random stuffs when I noticed Rheniel and Jax were also talking in the corner.

Luh, close na agad sila?

I even saw them exchanging phone numbers. Wtf?! Itong kaibigan ko naman parang mapupunit na ang labi kakangiti.

"We're about to start." Rhys said loudly into my ears. Malakas kasi ang music kaya kailangan lakasan niya ang boses niya. He kissed my hair before standing up.

They started when they are all set.

It's you
It's always you
If I'm ever gonna fall in love
I know it's 'gon be you

It's you
It's always you
Met a lot of people
But nobody feels like you

Rhys looks hot, singing while strumming his guitar. I saw at my gaze that Rheniel and Jax are still exchanging conversation. I focused my attention on Rhys who's singing lovingly.

So please don't break my heart
Don't tear me apart
I know how it starts
Trust me I've been broken before

Don't break me again
I am delicate
Please don't break my heart
Trust me I've been broken before

Some girls screaming his name. Yung iba kilig na kilig. I can't blame them. The man in front of them is screaming perfection.

I've been broken, yeah
I know how it feels
To be open
And then find out your love isn't real

I'm still hurting, yeah
I'm hurting inside
I'm so scared to fall in love
But if it's you then I'll try

It's you
It's always you
If I'm ever gonna fall in love
I know it's 'gon be you

Naka ilang kanta sila bago matapos. I can spot some talent scouts at the corner watching them. One of them talked to Rhys.

I sipped my drink as Rhys's bandmates sat. Yung kaibigan ko nakikipaglandian pa rin kay Jax. May sariling mga mundo. Rhys walks towards me after he talked to the talent scout.

"You okay?" He asked as he sat beside me.

"Yeah." I nodded at him.

The DJ's started to play wild music. People inside went crazy. Some are dancing wildly to the beat. Rhys intertwined our hands below the table. A simple smile formed at my lips as I watched our hands. He rested his hand on my thighs while he's still holding mine. He took a sip at his drink. I watched him drinking it. His jaw are moving, same as his adam's apple.

Parang gusto ko na lang maging alak.

They're talking about their another gig and of course, the talent scout's offer to them. It'll be a great opportunity for them. Rhys leaned his head on my shoulder. He looked at our hands but he didn't say anything. He remained silent while staring at our hands. Rheniel unexpectedly pulled me to a dance. Rhys got no choice but to let go of me.

Tamo 'tong babae na 'to, paepal.

Kung saan nagmo-moment kami ni Rhys eepal. Nung nagmo-moment sila ni Jax kanina hindi naman ako umepal sa kanila. Kahit gusto kong kurutin sa singit kanina itong kaibigan ko.

"Panira ka din, ano?" She just rolled her eyes heaven wards and laughed.

"I just wanted to dance, Ave." She told me while swaying her hips.

"Dance mo mukha mo. Bakit hindi si Jax ang kaladkarin mo dito?"

"Alam mo, masyado kayong sweet eh wala naman kayong label." She chuckled.

"Kayo ba meron? Wala din naman ah."

She just laughed at me and then she continued to dance to the beat. Minutes later, Jax joined us at the dancefloor.

Tamo itong kaibigan ko, nagpapakitang gilas din oh. Sarap kurutin ng singit!

Then the music suddenly went slow. This two in front of me are now dancing slowly.

Ugh, kairita!

I was about to leave the dance floor when a man suddenly blocks my way. He offered me to dance with him.

"Sorry, but I don't want to." I told him but he gripped my wrist to stop me from walking.

"Hands off. That's mine."

Before I could reacted, an arm wrapped around my waist. He's voice is calm but full of authority. I looked at him and his face remained stoic as he looked at the guy in front of me. The guy apologized and walks out of the dance floor.

He wrapped his both hands at my waist as we both swayed to the slow music. He's back hugging me. He rested his chin on my shoulder. He told me something but I can't hear it. Maybe he really did it on purpose. He held my hand and turned me to face him. I automatically snaked my hands on his neck. He placed his both hands on my waist. We swayed to the rhythm of music. I rested my head on his chest as we continue to sway in a low pace. I could hear his heart beating, same beat as mine.

"Please catch me, I'm falling for you deeply." He uttered.

A/N:
Tempted reached 1K reads! Thank you so much! I can't promise to update regularly but I'll try my best to update if I have a spare time. Sorry for any typographical and grammatical errors. And I know there's a lot of loopholes in this story.
-🖤