Epilogue

Rhys's POV

I've been looking at her for a long time before my father noticed it.

"Nagagandahan ka sa kaniya?" Nagulat ako nang bigla siyang magsalita sa gilid ko.

Nahihiya akong tumango sa kaniya.

"Natural lang na magkaroon ng crush, anak." He chuckled.

Dumaan pa ang mga araw at lagi ko siyang nakikita sa restaurant namin. Napapadalas din ang pagpunta ko para masubaybayan siya. I know I am too young to feel this but I really adore her. Her smile, her laughs, everything she do makes my heart flattered. I've always seen her with her dad, and sometimes they are together with her mom.

Days, months, & years passed mas lalo lang akong humahanga sa kaniya. Mas lalo siyang gumaganda. Hindi na sila madalas pumupunta rito ng daddy niya hindi katulad dati pero every week makikita ko sila rito. Then one day, I was waiting for her to be here. Nakita ko nga siyang pumasok kasama ang daddy niya. Umupo sila at nag-usap. Nagvolunteer ako kay dad na ako na magdadala ng appetizer. Habang naglalakad ako papunta sa table nila ay napansin ko kaagad ang magandang mood niya. Nakangiti lang siya habang nakikinig sa sinasabi sa kaniya ng ama niya.

I was hoping for a glance from her but it didn't happened. She was busy appreciating the food infront of her. It was okay, at least I had a chance to look at her closer.

God, please let me have this girl for the rest of my life. I promise, kapag napasakin siya I will treat her right and I will never hurt her.

Mas naging madalas ko siyang nakikita noong nag high school na kami. We enrolled in the same school. My feelings for her deepened as years passed by.

In the prom, I got the chance to get close to her for a moment. I saw her standing that's why I held her hand and ask her to dance with me. She politely nodded at me. We danced to the melody. I looked at her face. She's breathtakingly gorgeous even when she's wearing a mask on. My eyes landed on her lips. I gulped. Then I feel a sudden urge to kiss her and that's what I did.

Her lips was soft. Damn that lips!

I pulled away while she was still shocked of what happened. Then I realized what I did. I stepped back and leave her there in the midst of the crowds.

Stupid!

I don't have the urge to confess my feelings for her but I kissed her without having second thoughts.

"Paano niya malalaman na gusto mo siya kung hindi ka magtatapat sa kaniya? Man up, son!" My father told me one day when he saw me looking at her again.

That's what I did. I thought it would turned into something great but it didn't. The day I planned to confess on her is the day she answered her suitor Kaiden.

I was hiding in the wall planning to surprise her as she walks her way towards my direction. But the moment I was about to go out I heard her stopped and talk to someone.

"Kai..."

"What is it, Ave?"

She's with someone. Nanatili muna ako sa pwesto ko at sumilip ng kaunti sa kanila. They were facing each other. I felt something inside my heart I couldn't name yet.