Chapter 26

I grabbed my phone and then I saw 17 missed calls coming from Rhys.

Rhys calling...

I promptly answered the call.

"7 pm, at PrieurLy Delicious--"

"Yes, baby. Ika walo mo ng sinabi to sa akin ngayong araw." I said while chuckling. Natatawa ako kasi paulit-ulit niya akong nire-remind.

"Baka kasi makalimutan mo." He uttered.

"Hindi ko ito makakalimutan kasi paulit-ulit mo kong nire-remind." I laughed.

"Okay, baby. I'll wait for you here."

"Pababa na ako." I told him as I went downstairs.

Parang kahapon lang nag simula ang lahat samin ni Rhys. Time really flies fast. We've been together for a year now. Ang bilis talaga ng panahon. Hindi ko aakalain na aabot kami ng ganito katagal. And I'm looking forward for more years with him. I looked at the clock and it was already 6:45pm. I told Mang Denis to drive me to PrieurLy Delicious. My favorite restaurant when I was a kid. Ngayon ko lang nalaman na sa pamilya pala ni Rhys ang restaurant na yun.

Nang makarating ako sa PrieurLy Delicious ay agad akong sinalubong ng isang empleyado nila dun.

"This way ma'am." Then he lead me the way. I was silent as I followed him. I roamed my eyes around. This restaurant never failed to amazed me. Very classy and romantic. Perfect for a dinner date, family dinner or even a birthday celebration. Chandeliers on the ceiling looks expensive. When I reached my destination, I looked at the man who was patiently waiting for me. When he saw me, he instantly stand. Ipinaghila niya ako ng upuan at  inalalayan paupo. He leaned closer to my ears before he whispers.

"Do you have any idea how darn hot and sexy you look while wearing that dress?" He said softly into my ears.

I'm wearing a red wine satin cowl neck midi dress. It fits perfectly into my body. I let my hair down. I paired my dress with dark red stilettos. I put light make up and sprayed my favorite scent of perfume.

Rhys went back to his seat. He holds my hand at the top of the table. He smiled sweetly at me.

"Happy Anniversary, baby. I love you." He uttered and kissed my hand.

"Happy Anniversary. I love you too. Sobrang saya ko ngayong araw dahil sayo."

"You know that I always wanted to make you happy."

We've talked about different kinds of stuff. Our plan for this month. We ate when our order arrived. As usual, Rhys always took good care of me. He'll wipe the excess food from the corner of my lips. He sometimes took a photo of us.

Pagkatapos namin kumain sa PrieurLy Delicious ay pumunta kami sa rest house namin. Doon sa tuktok ng bundok. We always dated here. Nang makarating kami sa tuktok nun ay agad kaming umupo sa damuhan na nasa harap lang ng cottage. We sat near the edge of the mountain's cliff.

Rhys hugged me from the back. I sat between his opened legs. I leaned my back to his chest as we watched the whole view of Convallaria Island. Watching the whole island at night was breathtaking. Different shades of light coming from different houses, restaurants, and vehicles. The calm and relaxing sea is touched by the light coming from the moon. Rhys held my hand and pulled me to stand. He put my both hands to his shoulder and then he rested his both hands on my waist. We swayed slowly as we looked at the eyes of each other. There's a glimpse of amusement in his eyes as he looked at me. He kissed my forehead.

"I love you so much, Ave. God knows how much I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you. I only like you. I only love you. All I want is you. Just you, no one else." He leaned closer to kiss me. I abruptly respond. We decided to pull away when we both chasing our breaths. I leaned on his chest as we continued to sway at a slow pace.