Chapter 29

I felt exhausted from my 2 hours class in Arch17; History, Theory, and Criticism II: Philippine Architecture. Wala pa run is Rhys. Baka hindi pa sila na dismiss. I texted him that I'll be heading to the cafeteria. Sumunod na lang siya kapag na dismiss na klase niya.

I was walking at the hallway when I saw Kaiden. I abruptly went to confront him.

"Kai." I called him. He stared at me for a second before he responds.

"What is it, Ave?" He asked me.

"Stay away from Jaime." I told him with finality.

"Why? Does my relationship with your friend bother you? Or presumably, affect you?" He asked me. Amusement was visible on his face.

"I know you're planning something--"

"Why are you jealous?" He said before he smirked.

"Tell me that you are, Ave. And I'll do everything just to take you back at me."

"Nahihibang ka na ba? You're just using my best friend, for what?!" Sigaw ko sa kanya.

"To make you feel jealous. Kasi kapag nagselos ka, Ibig sabihin may nararamdaman ka pa sakin."

"I am not jealous, Kai. I am worried. I am worried about my best friend. I don't want her to get hurt. I don't want any of them to get hurt."

"Do you think I don't have a second plan?" He smirked at me. "If you wouldn't get jealous, I'll use her to hurt you. I'll hurt her not physically but emotionally. If she will get hurt, you'll get hurt too, right?" He grinned.

I slapped him real hard.

"Can you hear yourself? You only think about your feelings. Kapag nasaktan ka, kailangan ba manakit ka din ng iba?" I asked him in disbelief.

"Masisisi mo ba ako? You're the only treasure that I have."

"You lost that treasure years ago when you chose to left her while you're having fun collecting stones." I saw the pain in his eyes.

"There's a lot of treasure in the world, Kai. Worthy and valuable. You're too focused on the treasure you lost that's why you have to turn back from the path you took just to find it. But, hopelessly, that treasure was already owned by someone now. You're too focused on what you've lost but you're too blind to see the treasure that awaits from you ahead. The treasure that had been waiting for you but you're too blind to see its worth and value." I turned my back at him. "Balang araw, may isang taong patuloy kang pipiliin kahit hindi mo pilitin." I walked away after I told him that.

I hope he'll realize what I told him. I know that Kai is a good guy. He's just hurt. He is still in pain. I, somehow understand him. Even though he hurt me years ago, it doesn't change the fact that he's still a good person. He still has a kind heart.

One day, he'll love someone more than he loves me.

I found myself walking through the cafeteria. I need to talk to Jaime. I saw Rhea and Rheniel sitting. I instantly went to them.

"Jaime still not here?" I asked them.

"What do you expect? She ignored us. She also distanced herself from us." Rheniel uttered in disbelief.

Tahimik lang si Rhea na nakikinig sa amin. Kaunti pa lang mga estudyante dito.

"So you really wanted us to broke up, Ave?" Jaime suddenly showed up in front of us. I saw in her eyes that she was about to cry.

"I don't want you to get hurt, Jai."

"You don't want me to get hurt? Or you don't want to see me having a relationship with your ex because you are still into him. Desperate ex?!" She exclaimed.

Nagulat ako ng may dumapong kamay sa pisngi niya. Before I could speak, Rheniel slapped her.

"How could you say that to Ave when she's just concerned about you?" Rheniel looked at her with full of intense. Napatayo na rin si Rhea.

"Hey girls, stop. There's so maraming students watching us." Awat ni Rhea sa amin.

"Ikaw pa talaga ang may ganang magalit ha? Ikaw na nga itong pumatol sa ex ni Ave, ikaw pa ang galit. Si Ave pa nga dapat ang magalit dito eh kasi ex niya pinatulan pa ng kaibigan niya. Pero hindi niya ginawa, concerned na nga siya na baka saktan ka lang nung gagong ex niya tapos magagalit ka pa sa kanya?!"

"Stop na us sa fighting. Dumadami na mga students here." Rhea told us as she roamed her eyes around us.

Jaime walked out of us while crying silently. She keeps on wiping her tears as she walks out of the cafeteria.

I pity her for experiencing this. As much as I wanted to follow her and comfort her, I can't. We both need privacy and space to think clearly. Baka pag sinundan ko siya at kausapin baka mag aaway lang ulit kami.

I was sitting at the edge of the bed, looking blankly at the floor.

Rhys was answering my homework at the table at the corner. He noticed that I'm having trouble answering my homework so he went to check up on it. I'm having a hard time answering my homework and my answers are all wrong and it's frustrating. He volunteered to answer it.

"Baby, meron ka pa bang homework dyan? Sasagutan ko na." He asked me.

"Ah, mabuti." Wala sa sariling sagot ko. He frowned.

Tumayo siya at umupo sa tabi ko. He hugged me at the back before he rested his chin on my right shoulder.

"What's bothering you?" He asked.

"Tungkol ba ito kanina?" He asked again.

I slightly nodded.

"Maaayos din yan. Everything will be okay." He kissed the tip of my shoulder.

Ang dami kong iniisip. Yung tungkol kanina, yung tungkol sa sinabi ni Kaiden, kung paano masasaktan kaibigan ko kapag nalaman niya yun, tapos yung sinabi ni mommy sa akin. Hindi ko alam kung paano ko sasabihin sa kanya yun o kung dapat ko pa ba sabihin. Wala naman akong balak sundin ang sinabi ni mommy. I sighed heavily.

I need a break from all of this.

"Are you okay?"

I shook my head lightly. He hugged me tightly this time.

"I'm always here, baby. I won't let you face all of your problems alone. I'll be with you. Let's face it together. Your love keeps me going every day. You're the person I am afraid to lose. Araw araw kitang mahal, sana alam mo yun." He uttered.

His hugs are the best therapy. One hug from him can take all my stress away. He always doesn't make me feel replaceable.

"I love you more than I could really say."

A/N:
Short update. Bawi na lang ako. Sorry, I'm super duper busy. Alam kong naghintay kayo ng ilang araw. Busy lang talaga ako. Vote and comments are highly appreciated. Road to 4K reads na to. Thank you sa 1K votes. Thank you for reading this.
-🖤