Chapter 11

I was standing there for a couple of minutes before I heard Rheniel spoke.

"Oh my God, Ave. You wouldn't believe what we were going to tell you."

"Come on, let's get inside your car." Rhea said.

"I hope, after what we were going to tell you won't affect you again. We're also worried about your condition." Jaime looked at me with a concerned eyes.

We headed to my car. Mang Denis was already there inside the car, waiting for us. We took a seat at the back.

"We're also afraid to tell you this. This might affect you." Rheniel continued.

"After knowing what you told and do to him that day. And how your actions affected you too." Rhea tapped my shoulder.

"So... Do you still want us to tell you, even if it will affect you?" Jaime asked me.

I have an idea on what they will going to tell me. I smiled bitterly.

"Is this about Rhys?" I asked them. They all went silent.

"Nagkita na kayo? Nag-usap?" Rheniel asked me.

"I hope it happens like that but... No, we didn't. I bumped him and he looks at me for a while before walking away from me. He's looking at me like I didn't exist." I smiled sadly.

"I have nothing to be blame for, except for myself. It was my fault. I provoked him to be like that. I pushed him away. I told him some hurtful words. And I blame myself for that. And I'm blaming myself everyday for being me. I'm a mess. I'm lost. And everyone around me has been affected by my reckless actions. I'm dragging everyone around me into my mess. I'm hurting everyone around me. And I hated myself for that. I hate being me." I cried. I felt them hugging me and caressing my back.

"That's not true, Ave. We know how good you are as a person. You turned soft for the person's you love, and important to you." Rheniel said.

"You we're the best kaibigan kaya. You always help us in the times we needed you. You never iwan us kasi you always care for us. You love us not just kaibigan but also you treat us as your kapatid na rin." Rhea told me. We laughed at her. Conyo na naman amp.

"Even if you were busy with your homework too, you still help us when we were asking for your help. You were a great person. Don't mind the person who doesn't believe in you. The important thing is, you have us, and we believes in you." Jaime said while wiping my tears.

I smiled at them as they hugged me tight.

Nothing can break the bond and connection to our friendship. A friend that is good to you is a good friend. But a friend that will stick to your side through ups and downs and never leaves you is a best kind of friend. Best friends.

We go to the mall to relax a bit. I guess, I need this to think better.  We eat, we shop, before we decided to go home.

"Gosh! It's been a month since I buy the latest channel bag." Rhea told us.

"Sana all dami pera hahaha." Jaime laughed.

"Kaya nga eh, ako kasi sa pagkain nauubos pera ko." Rheniel said.

"Hindi ka naman tumataba." Rhea cut her and then she laughed.

"At least may jowa." Sabi ni Rheniel bago dumila kay Rhea.

"Edi wow. Magbe-break din kayo!" She shouted back to Rheniel.

While me and Jaime remained silent and shocked.

Rheniel noticed our silence so she glanced at us. Before we could speak she cut us.

"Oh about that. Sasabihin ko sana sa inyo kaso nawala sa utak ko hahaha. Kagabi ko lang siya sinagot." She smiled at us shyly.

She noticed that we need a lot of explanation from her so she continue explaining at us.

"I was going to tell Ave first because I know she will listen to me without judging me." Then she eyed to Rhea before continuing. "I can't tell this to Jaime because we all know she's NBSB. She can't relate. At alam naman natin na sa ating apat si Ave ang good listener at hindi nanghuhusga sa desisyon natin. Hindi tulad ng iba dyan, right, Rhea?" She smiled sarcastically to Rhea. We laughed at that while Rhea is pulling her hair playfully.

"So, who's this lucky guy huh?" I asked her.

"His name is Jax." She told us.

"Wait! Jax Zhaito Sadlier?" Rhea asked her.

"Yes, how did you know him?"

"Nakakasama ko yan sa isang indorsement shoot ko." Rhea told her.

"Diba siya yung nasa engineering department kanina?" Jaime asked.

"Yup, siya yun. Diba sabi ko sa inyo doon tayo dumaan kanina pababa. Kaya nakita natin si Rhys." Rheniel said.

"Kaya pala gusto mo doon tayo dumaan ha? May lihim kang landi ah." Rhea told her. Binatukan siya ni Rheniel.

"Inggit ka ba?hahaha."

"Teka, ibig sabihin engineering din kinuha ni Rhys?" Jaime asked.

"Siguro kasi sabay sila lumabas ng room diba? Malamang." Rheniel answered. I remained silent. Nakikinig lang ako sa pinag uusapan nila.

"Pero bakit hindi ka niya kinausap kanina?" Rhea asked confusedly.

"Kasi ahm... ISSAPRANK!" Rheniel told us before she burst into laughter.

Binatukan nga namin.

"Pero totoo na boyfriend ko siya. Ako nga lang nakakaalam."

"Gaga hahaha." Rhea cursed her.

"Paniwalang-paniwala na ako sayo." Jaime said.

Sabi ko na eh. I will be the first one to know kung may boyfriend na siya. We were still laughing before Rhea spoke.

"Engineering si Jax, ganun din si Rhys. Kayong dalawa ah. Mga tirador kayo ng mga engineer!" She said before laughing.

"Engineer Hunter ampota hahahaha." Sabi ni Jaime habang tumatawa.

Isa-isa silang hinatid ni Mang Denis. I wave each and one of them goodbye.

I sighed when I left alone with Mang Denis inside the car.

I was thinking about our first encounter after a year of no communication and news about him. He really changed. A lot. I should blame myself for that. I was the one who change him to turn into that. If he only knew that I never meant anything I said. That, it was just my fucking trauma pushed me to say those hurtful words to him. God knows how much I badly wanted to talk to him after that day.

I went straight up to my room after I went out of the car. Pasalampak akong humiga sa kama. Maybe I should try to talk to him again tomorrow. If he's persistent enough to talk to me years ago then I'll do the same. If that's the only thing for him to talk to me again, I'll do it. How he find ways just to talk to me, I'll find ways too.

I'll do everything for you, just talk to me, please.

A/N:
Sinisipag na ko mag update hahaha. I know maraming grammatical errors at typos ito. I'm not a perfect writer, so please bear with me. Target ko na matapos ito kaagad within this year kaso minsan talaga sinasapian ako ng katamaran. No, scratch that "minsan" hahaha actually MADALAS talaga. Anyways, enjoy reading. Votes and comments are highly appreciated. Thank you! -🖤