Chapter 22

DISCLAIMER: Fifty shades of Grey or any of its characters do NOT belong to me. I own the plot and more than a few characters though.

*I would like to remind you that this is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to real people or places is accidental; though I did borrow some names and characters from other places that are not mine.

Thanks so much to my awesome Beta, Ninkita

** Lemon alert

/

Chapter 22

/

The next few days passed by nicely. The school was given a ten day break from the day after the prize-giving ceremony. Christian and Ana stayed at the island for two more days after the ceremony, and then returned to Escala with Hope, Gail and Taylor. It was the day before the charity gala. Ana had booked a couple's spa for Christian and her that evening at Escala. The next day, Ana and Hope had appointments with a famous beautician who would come to Escala to get them ready for the gala.

Christian spent the last two days busy at the office. The only peace he felt was when he returned home and found Ana and Hope waiting for him there. He was tense all over. Along with work pressure, that strange nervous feeling in his gut had worsened. He was rubbing his head as he and Taylor were waiting for the elevator to reach the penthouse. The elevator opened and they heard Hope's happy squeal. "Daddy's home!" she announced as she ran out to meet her father.

"Daddy! How was youl day?" she greeted with a huge smile.

Christian picked the little girl up and kissed her cheeks. "My day was good. How was your day, my angel?" he asked.

"It was good. But mommy napped for a looooooooonnnnggg time," Hope informed dramatically.

"Hey babe," Ana greeted, kissing his lips.

"Hey love. I heard you had a long nap," Christian asked, pleased that she was taking care of herself. He loved this about Ana. She didn't need to be forced to eat or rest. She was equally, if not more, protective of their children in her womb. Christian knew he could trust her to take care of herself.

"Yeah," Ana snickered. "You wore me out," she added, winking.

"You wole mommy's what?" Hope asked, as she was still in Christian's arms. Both adults felt their eyes widen comically before they burst into laughter.

"Mommy's scarf," Christian replied, calming himself.

"Oh okay. Put me down," Hope squirmed. As soon as her father placed her down, she ran out of the room.

Christian pulled Ana into his arms and sighed as he rested his head on her shoulder. "I'm so tired," he groaned as he rubbed her slightly swollen belly. "One look at your belly and people will know that we're expecting," he stated smugly.

"They might not. My dress will camouflage it," Ana said snickering. "By the way, I have a surprise for you. Don't shower yet, but change into lounging clothes," she instructed.

He pouted, pulling back. "Do I have to?" he whined tiredly.

"Daddy!" Hope returned to the living room with a glass of water. "Hele, you must be thilty," she handed Christian the glass and waited for him to drink.

Both Christian and Ana were surprised at how much Hope cared for Christian. She was such a daddy's girl. Ana felt her eyes watering, as she realized how much Hope had wanted a father. Christian knelt down and took the glass. "Did you get it from Gail?" he asked, smiling mischievously at the little girl.