Chapter 27

DISCLAIMER: Fifty shades of Grey or any of its characters do NOT belong to me. I own the plot and more than a few characters though.

*I would like to remind you that this is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to real people or places is accidental; though I did borrow some names and characters from other places that are not mine.

Thanks so much to my awesome Beta, Ninkita

** Lemon alert

/

Chapter 27

/

Christian's flight landed in Seattle around 9 in the morning. From the airport, they went straight to Escala, knowing that he had a busy schedule that day. Hope ran out as soon as the doors of the elevator opened.

"Welcome home!" Ana greeted them.

Surprised to see her there, Christian asked as he pulled her in for a kiss, "Hello love. What are you doing here? I thought you would be with your girls for your dress trial..?"

Ana giggled. "I missed you, and…" she hesitated. "We need to talk a little," she added.

"Sounds ominous," Christian frowned.

"A little…but I'm hopeful for a good outcome," she shrugged.

"Okay. Where did Hope go?" Christian asked, looking around.

Snickering, Ana informed, "Your angel needed to use the bathroom. So she ran straight to her room."

Christian shook his head laughing. "Where do you want to talk?" he asked.

"How about your library?" Ana suggested. "But change into some comfortable clothes first. I'll wait there with coffee." Nodding, Christian headed for the master bedroom, while Ana went to the kitchen.

/

/

"Okay, you have me worried. What's going on? Why are you here, instead of shopping for your wedding dress?" Christian demanded as he kept thinking of the worst. They gathered in the library room of the penthouse with coffee.

"I...I want to tell you about the second secret now," Ana confessed.

"What? Why? Weren't you going to wait for after our honeymoon?" Christian asked, confused.

"I…was, but I started feeling guilty. You've taken all the other secrets so well, so I'm hoping that you'd take this one easily too. I don't want you to hate me forever if you learn about it after getting stuck with me," Ana started fidgeting nervously.

"Ana, I'd love nothing more than to get stuck with you. Tell me," he encouraged.

"Okay. Here goes nothing…" Ana muttered. "It all started a long time back. About 650 years ago, an angel…Celeste, came to visit earth. She was the youngest sibling of Lucifer. When he heard that his sister was visiting earth alone, he sent his most trusted demon warrior to look after her. While visiting the earth, she fell into the hands of some evil humans. They used the holy signs, and trapped Celeste on an island where they wanted to perform experiments on her. By the time that demon warrior arrived on earth, it was already too late."

Christian was confused why she was telling him about angels and demons, but it seemed relevant to the past. So, he listened carefully.

Ana continued, "Without a thought about consequences, the warrior stepped inside the island and he got trapped too. His powers stopped working due to the holy signs, but he still managed to get those men out of the island. Celeste was too weak to even open her eyes and the warrior was powerless. So, for the first time, a demon begged to God. He begged for his charge's life. The almighty was so pleased with him that he gave the demon his powers back and in order to save Celeste's life, he turned her into a human. He told the warrior that Celeste's mate was a human and the day he arrived on that island, would be the day both Celeste and the warrior would be free from there. Till then Celeste wouldn't age."