Chapter 44

DISCLAIMER: Sebastian, Claude, plots and characters of FSOG, Beelzebub, or OHHC are not mine. The plot of this story and more than half the characters are mine!

Thanks so much to my awesome Beta, Ninkita.

.

Chapter 44:

.

Christian called Ryan, one of his security personnel, to take the stuff from the car to the penthouse. He carried Chester in his arms. Chester had his head on Christian's shoulder and was looking around the new place with fearful eyes. Ana also had a few bags in her hand and she followed Christian. Reaching the penthouse, Ana advised Christian to take a seat and soothe the dog as it started looking more fearful by minute. Nodding in agreement, Christian sat by the huge window and talked to the dog in a soothing voice as he caressed its head and the ears.

By then, Gail had returned from her sister's place. She had learned about Ana and Christian of another Earth from Taylor, and was really excited and anxious to meet them. Hearing voices in the living room, she came out of the kitchen to investigate. She was surprised to see Ana directing Ryan to place lots of stuff at the corner of the room.

"Stud, we need to get Chester's playpen sorted. He would need a designated area to feel safe and secure for a while. Where do you want me to start setting it up?" Gail heard Ana ask. That's when she noticed that her boss was sitting by the huge window with something in his lap.

"Um…uh…I… I have no idea…Do whatever you think is best?" Christian offered nervously.

"CHRISTIAN IDIOT GREY! You just adopted a baby boy. It's your responsibility. Now…. take a look around and suggest a place," Ana scolded with her hands on her hips.

"I really have no idea, woman. Help me!" he begged while being careful not to yell or shout. He knew how scared he used to get whenever he heard Carrick speak louder than normal. He didn't want to repeat that with Chester. "By the way… that's not my middle name," he complained.

Ana smirked in return. "How about this… you have lots of spare rooms here. Call a contractor and I'll help him design the perfect dog room for this little guy. But….till then we will set up his playpen…" Ana trailed off looking around the room, "by the piano. That way you can play music to him if he starts getting agitated. Sounds good?"

"Yeah…It does. Thanks, Ana. Spend as much money as you want. I want everything to be the best for him," he said, smiling down affectionately at the dog. "Oh… we need to introduce you to Ana of this Earth," Christian added with a sheepish smile on his face.

"She's moving to Seattle this Sunday, right? Tell her that you want to introduce her to a friend of yours. I just hope she doesn't get overwhelmed," Ana muttered the last line before Ryan and she got to work on the playpen.

Gail was having a hard time believing that this was her boss. The cold hearted, dominant, master of the universe….. had adopted a dog. She couldn't see the dog clearly but from what she could see, it seemed like the dog and her boss had bonded.

"Mrs. Jones, come here. Meet the newest member of this family," Christian smiled at his housekeeper.

"Hey, Gail. How was your trip to your sister's?" Ana asked with a warm smile.

"I...uh…everything was fine. Thank you for asking," Gail muttered with an awkward smile.

"It seems we've shocked Gail," Ana informed Christian with teasing smile.

"What did you do to shock Gail?" asked Christian [Ana's husband], as he entered the penthouse with Taylor. "God that was tiring," he groaned before he wrapped himself around Ana.