Chapter 6: Unexpected Events

Grisha woke up earlier than Nagisa as usual. His sleep schedule was very peculiar. He woke up around 3am but went to sleep at about 9:30pm despite not having anywhere to go. You would think he would just enjoy sleeping in most of the time rather than forcing himself out of bed every morning for no visible reason.

Anyways, as usual he made a cup of tea with some toast and went to the shed in the back garden. No one knew what he did in there, it was just like his time to himself. The shed looked very small, even up close, with cobwebs all on the inside of the cracked glass windows, it was a bit strange that Grisha's house was almost spotless yet the place where he spent the vast majority of his time, the shed, couldn't be filthier.

Anyways, at the moment Nagisa was having a recurring dream he had gotten quite used to by now. Every week or so for the past few months he would see his father being murdered by a man in a mask. But every time he got remotely close to the masked man the dream would end with his father's corpse laying right in front of his eyes. He used to hate it but he had gotten kind of used it by now although it was still horrific to experience even if it was a dream.

Anyways as usual Nagisa was right behind the man but as soon as he was about to run towards him the man vanished and his father collapsed to the ground with his whole stomach gouged out. It was repulsive seeing all his father's organs lying everywhere, many of them missing. Why would someone even want to do that?

Nagisa woke up with fright as usual and tried to sit up but he realised his arms and legs wouldn't move. His eyes hadn't quite adjusted to his surroundings yet but almost two seconds later, which in his head felt like an eternity, Nagisa looked down at his feet only to see them chained to the bed, the same with his arms. Did Grisha do this? No, he would never do something like this. Maybe something happened to Grisha, he hoped not. He was starting to feel like this person hunting down his family one by one was really trying to torment him, leaving him for last. Maybe it was koro-sensei's ghost. No, he wasn't evil. In fact he wanted Nagisa to kill him, he thought it was for the best.

Honestly, he didn't know what was going on; he just hoped Grisha was alright. He didn't have anyone else to go to. He heard the bedroom door open but couldn't sit up to see who it was. He just waited for the man to get a bit closer...

"Nagisa." The man spoke in a powerful tone.

The boy was too frightened to respond.

"Don't be scared, this is all for your benefit."

Nagisa was still trying to get a look at the man but he really couldn't see anything but the ceiling light above him, which was so bright he was forced to close his eyes for most of the time.

"I believe one day humans will be extinct. I think there is another species that will overrule them. Of course I don't know if this will happen in our time however I am seeing more and more signs."

Nagisa was confused but trying his best to stay calm and just pay attention to what the man was saying in case he recognised the voice. He couldn't quite make it out yet especially because it was so deep and powerful but it did definitely sound familiar.

"I want to give you the gift of power so you will be able to rise above this 'other worldly' species when the time comes."

"The.. gift... of power?" Nagisa stuttered under his breath.

"That's correct. You have been through enough suffering as it is and I don't want you going through any more of that."

Nagisa heard footsteps so he instantly forced his eyes open ignoring the bright ceiling light above him and tried to get a look at this man using his peripheral vision.

"Uncle..."

"Nagisa, please do not hate me for this. This is all for your sake."

His uncle held up some sort of syringe. "This is something I have devoted my life to working on. I once asked your father to give up everything he had and devote his life to helping me with this. Of course that fool declined my offer and looked where he is now. Probably rotting in hell."

Nagisa was still in too much shock to say a word.

His uncle took a few steps closer till he was right by the bedside. He rolled one of Nagisa's pyjama sleeves up to his shoulder. 

"Uncle... I don-" Nagisa tried to speak but genuinely didn't know what to say and was cut of mid sentence by the fear within him.

"It's alright."

His uncle began to push the syringe into Nagisa's arm. That's when something unexpected happened...