Chapter 22: A Visit From A Familiar Face

"Okayyy so what's the plan?" Karma asked, dragging his words.

"You tell me." Nagisa shrugged, with a smile.

"I mean we can watch a movie later, maybe catch up with some friends tomorrow if you're down for that?" Karma suggested.

"Sure, why not. Who's free, Kayano maybe?"

"Ohhh damn, Kayano I forgot." Karma cursed, rushing to his phone.

"Forgot what?"

"She kind of promised she would help me bring you back so she was meant to be coming over today, hopefully it isn't too late."

"Ohhhhh, I mean no harm if it is I guess." Nagisa said, following Karma upstairs.

*DING* *DONG*

"Stay up here just in case." Karma said, to Nagisa.

He made his way downstairs to the front door, keeping his guard up.

*Knock* *Knock* *Knock*

"Hey! Karma! You home?" A familiar voice shouted, from the other side of the door.

Karma opened the door.

"Oh hey Kayano, sorry I was just upstairs about to call you actually."

"You seem a lot more talkative, any news for me?"

"Follow me upstairs."

Kayano took her shoes off and hung her coat up on a wooden peg to the side of the door, before following Karma up the huge marble staircase.

*Knock* *Knock*

Karma knocked on the bedroom door.

"Come in!" A soft voice, shouted.

Kayano tensed up at the familiar sound.

"Hmmm, I was looking at movies anddd..." Nagisa said while he scrolled through his phone.

"Nagisa?"

"Oh hey Kayano!" Nagisa said, looking up with a big smile as if he didn't notice her.

"Oh my god. It's been so long." She said, rushing to give him a big hug.

Karma took a seat at the end of his bed.

"You look so much more mature now." She said, squishing his cheeks.

"He does?" Karma remarked.

"Shush Karma." Kayano replied.

"Whatever you say, Ms Yukimura." Karma smirked.

"Oh yeah that's right, are you okay with us calling you Kayano still?" Nagisa asked, as they separated from their long lasting hug.

"Yeah, I get a bit of both these days." She smiled.

They each moved into more comfortable positions on Karma's bed before engaging in conversation again.

"Okay so...Karma? Nagisa? Does someone wanna fill me in on what happened to you because you had Karma in quite a state."

"Nah, I was fineeee." Karma lied, convincing nobody.

Nagisa told Kayano the story about everything that had happened. He left out the things about Mika and just made out like reaper sensei was crazy and kept telling him he had some sort of 'power' within. He didn't want to scare her or freak her out, after all she had already been through a lot with koro-sensei and the tentacles and everything so hearing about a demon king inside of one of her closest friends was something he was going to keep on the down low for now.