Chapter 12: The Demon King

Light slowly tried to back up without appearing to be panicked or worried even though he clearly was. He slowly tried to reach his hand into his back pocket to call Karma. That's when Nagisa...well Nagisa's body instantly appeared in front of him and put one hand on his arm to stop him from moving it.

Light froze.

"I'm not trying to hurt you." The demon possessing Nagisa said.

Light could clearly see Nagisa with his own two eyes. It was definitely Nagisa's body, no doubt about it however it felt like a completely different person. It felt so different that Light was actually seeing the image of someone else in front of him. It was almost like an illusion. Some form of Itachi-level genjutsu.

"Wh- what do you want with Nagisa?" Light stuttered in fear.

He saw the image of a sweet young blonde boy appear. It was fading between that and then an image of the same boy but he looked around Light's own age. He had sharp fangs but still looked kind. It must be some kind of trick.

The thing possessing Nagisa released his grip on Light's arm.

Nagisa was frozen inside the darkness of his mind. He wasn't even trying to get out at this point he was just in shock of what was actually happening. He could feel the demon's subconscious now that he was concentrating and he felt no killing intent at all. Believe me he was very good at sensing danger after all those assassination classes.

"Look I'll let your friend have just under half of his consciousness back so if he tries to push me aside I'll take over but lets hope that doesn't happen. He will get control back after we speak." 

"O- okay-" Light said, forcing the words through his throat. He had never been this terrified in his life. What if Nagisa wouldn't get his body back. Light would have failed him completely.

"Light."

All of a sudden Light sensed an all too familiar presence. He looked up just to see the illusion of both Half of Nagisa and half of the blonde haired boy. Of course Nagisa's body still looked like Nagisa. But the two of their presences were so powerful it almost created a whole illusion, making it impossible to see through to the real body.

"Nagisa- is that really you?" Light said, a tear rolling down his face.

Nagisa let out the sweetest smile. "Yep."

Nagisa's body sat down on the floor, waiting for Light to do the same. 

"You ready to talk." The blonde boy spoke.

"It's almost like he's speaking to my thoughts." Light thought to himself. 

"Uhh.. sure." Light said, sitting down.

"Okay, don't be alarmed. My name is Mika, short for Mikaela. I'm the king of the now, non-existent Vampire-Demon race. I'm not here to cause any harm. In fact I wish I could leave this poor boy alone. It seems whatever was in his uncles syringe managed to bind our souls." The demon spoke.

"Bind your souls?" Light asked, his voice still wavering slightly.

"Yes, it just means that we're kind of linked. I can see his memories and with some practice he should be able to see mine. It also means if he dies I go back to the other world and if I somehow get exorcised out or something he will end up dying. Though that's impossible, I'm the king of all Vampire-Demons."  Mika said.

"Wait so if your souls are linked does that mean Nagisa will have to drink blood and stuff?" Light said as he watched Nagisa just sit there in his subconscious form."

"Actually no, that is what I thought would happen though, it was something I was most worried about but it turns out this boy has a very powerful soul, his human urges for things like that actually out do mine as a demon. Mentally he is a lot more powerful than I ever will be."

"Ahh I see." Light said, not really knowing what to say.

"You see I was once a human myself."

"A human...how?" Light interrupted.

"Well me and my friends were actually abducted by vampires when we were young. We tried to escape and they slaughtered every single one of us except my best friend, who managed to escape, and myself. They kept me why, I still don't know. Apparently I had potential, maybe they just wanted to see me fight against my best friend."

"Your best friend was still a human though, right? So how could that even be a battle. And when you said vampires you meant vampire demons right?" Light asked, actually struggling to follow along for the first time in his life.

"No just regular vampires, you see this was a time before anything noted in your history books. And yes my best friend was still a human, they turned me into a vampire though. At the time humans were at war with all vampires. Of course physically we were much stronger and that's why humans started making blood binds and contracts with demons."

"What type of demons?"

"The first type." Mikaela replied.

Light was shocked, was the vampire-demon king actually on there side.

"Anyways, at the time the demons existed even before our time and were now in the form of weapons, we still don't know how exactly. Anyways my friend Yuu became in possession of one of these weapons. He actually assumed I was dead and wanted to slaughter all vampires for my sake. Anyways many many many years later through many battles Yuu ended up somehow merging with the demon in his weapon just like I'm merged with Nagisa."

"Wait so your friend became soul bonded with a demon?" Light asked.

"Yeah, obviously I was still a vampire. The only one left at this point that we know of. But because I was still a vampire I had to drink blood and I couldn't drink from other vampires no more because they were all gone so Yuu used to offer me his blood. It turns out that when he died he and the demon inside him became one with me. His spirit isn't with me so we can't communicate through our minds like me and Nagisa but his soul is with me so I do always know where he is, dead of alive and I also obtained his 'powers'. That's how I became the first Vampire-Demon."