Chapter 41: Nagisa's Birthday (Part 1)

Around two months had passed since Karasuma and Irina had visited the boys.

*Yawwnnnnnnn*

Nagisa stretched his arms out wide in the air, before slouching up out of bed.

He stood up and rubbed his eyes, slipping on his pyjamas. Just then, he noticed Karma wasn't laying in the bed. I mean sure, he still had about a week left of school but he normally wouldn't be up this early.

Nagisa mentally shrugged and began to walk downstairs. He felt as if he was missing something, though he wasn't sure what.

"Karma! You here?" He shouted.

He received a reply of silence, though he strangely wasn't worried. Something in him knew that nothing was wrong.

He heard hurried footsteps, then out came Karma. He walked slowly out of the main room.

"What were you doing in there? I heard you rushing around like crazy." Nagisa laughed, giving his boyfriend a hug.

"Oh, nothing." He smiled back, releasing Nagisa from the hug he had locked him with.

Nagisa wrapped one arm around Karma's waist, still rubbing his eyes with the other.

"Where are we going...?" Nagisa asked faintly.

Karma was leading him into the directions of one of the other 'main-ish' rooms, it wasn't like they couldn't chill in there but they just...didn't.

"Oh, I thought we could watch some tv in here for a bit. Unless you had other plans?"

"Uhh...I mean I guess I don't. We just never use this room so I was a bit surprised."

"Does he actually not know?" Karma thought to himself.

"Hm?" Nagisa hummed curiously, as he looked up at the redhead beside him.

"Oh...nothing." *Was he in my head, I forgot he can do that.* Karma thought to himself.

"No, I wasn't. You just had a well...expression on your face, I guess." Nagisa shrugged.

Karma smiled in a sweet but sadistic way. "If you keep listening to my thoughts, I'll think about all the scary movies I've seen."

Nagisa shivered. Sure he was an assassin, but he was still as sweet and soft as he'd always been. It was just business was business and he had a talent for this kind of 'business', so that's what he does for a living.

"Oh, well then I guess I'm gonna have to stop."

Karma laughed. "I  don't know what I'd be without you...honestly."

"Yeah...me too."

"I mean I'd probably be in the room right now instead of standing in the hallway."

"O-oh yeah. I forgot we were actually going somewhere."

Karma smiled.

They both sat down and watched anime for a bit.

"Oh, crap. Karma have you forgotten about school? You've got about half an hour and you're not even dressed."

"Oh yeah, could you go grab my school clothes, I left them on the edge of the living room sofa."

"You're so lazy." Nagisa laughed, standing up.

Before he left the room, Karma pulled him close. "I love you."

"I love you too?" Nagisa didn't mean to sound confused, it just sort of came out of no where. He was only getting his clothes for him.

He shrugged it off and left the room.

Once he stepped foot in the main room, all he saw was banners and balloons covering absolutely everything.

"H-happy birthday Nagisa?" He read, off one of the banners.

"Is it really my birthday?" He spoke, internally.

"Yeah, happy birthday." Karma said, straight into his head.

"Hey! How come you can go in my head if I can't go in yours."

"Shhh, stop crying about it."

"I'm not crying!" 

Nagisa looked down just to see his tears gently tapping against the wooden flooring like single raindrops hitting an umbrella. It was so light, yet you could feel every single one with deep meaning.

"Oh, I guess I am crying." He said, to himself.

He felt arms gently wrap themselves around him from behind.

"Thank you, Karma." He said, wiping tears from his eyes.

He had never been so happy, this was the first time he actually got to celebrate his birthday. Even though this one time was enough, he was sure there would be more to come in the future but still even if it was just this one it was still enough for him. He had everything he'd ever wanted with him right now, in this moment...he had Karma.

"Hey, no problem. Honestly I'm surprised you didn't expect this." Karma smiled brighter than he'd ever smiled before. It was like looking into an angels eyes. He was the definition of light.

"I-I've never had a real birthday before. My mother used to say me being born was her achievement. She would say she's the one who done all the work so what have I got to be happy about. Sometimes I'd even have to buy her a gift."

"Well, It's not like that anymore. Okay, now you have someone who loves and appreciates you more than they do anyone else in the world. Heck, I'd even buy you gifts on my birthday."

Nagisa laughed, he knew Karma wasn't joking.

"Okay anyways, check out your gifts. Don't act like you  haven't seen them on the sofa."

"Nagisa wiped away the last tear. So are you not going to school?"

"Nah who cares, I just told them I was sick. It's the first time I've had a day off since I started university so It's not a problem, besides I already got my test results anyways."

"What! When?"

Karma laughed. "Hmmmm...two weeks ago?" He shrugged.

"So why didn't you say anything?"

"I wanted to open them with you, today."

"Lemme see, lemme see."

"Hold on, at least open your own gifts first."

"Fineee."

Karma honestly couldn't not smile.

"W-what's this." Nagisa said, holding something up.

"What's it look like, car keys." He winked.

"But, you know I can't drive."

"That's exactly why there's even money in there for your driving test."

Nagisa mentally facepalmed. "Fine, I'll try it out. No promises I'll pass, I haven't even had any lessons."

"Lessons? You don't need lessons, you'll be fine. Besides, if he fails you then just kill him."

"Karma..." Nagisa said, trying not to smile.