Chapter 28: Another Demon?

"Damn this is bad." Nagisa cursed, under his breath.

"Nagisa, you need to give me control. Or this will be really bad. It's proven the reaper's aim isn't to kill you or I'm sure he would have. While Shiro is making his entrance you need to focus." Mika said, to Nagisa.

"Yeah."

"So, Nagisa It's been a while." Shiro spoke.

He didn't get a reply.

"Damn brat." The reaper cursed, appearing before Nagisa.

He kicked him to the ground, normally Nagisa would bounce back but he was so focused on concentrating that his bad hit flat against the ground, he just about held his head up.

He bit his lip to cope with the pain, causing blood to trickle down from his mouth.

"Five more seconds..." He thought to himself.

"Nagisa don't give in, we'll get these bastards." Mika said.

"Shiro! Prepare yourself." The reaper shouted, forcing his foot down on Nagisa's chest in an attempt to disrupt his concentration.

However Nagisa refused to break focus.

"Damn, if only you would cooperate, you're such a strong-willed child. It pisses me off." The reaper said, disappearing into the shadows so he was ready to strike once Mika took control.

"Just two more seconds." Nagisa thought, as he closed his eyes to really cope with the pain.

"Well done Nagisa, you really are strong. Now it's my turn." Mika spoke.

All of a sudden, Nagisa's eyes lit up a bright yellow colour. His body jumped up almost instantly forcing him into a stance that leaves no weak spots.

"Come on then." He spoke.

Whenever Nagisa spoke in this mode it was like a blend of both his and Mika's voice simultaneously.

"Haha, you're the one with the power." The reaper laughed, making his presence known.

Mika, in Nagisa's body, rushed over to where the sound was coming from but the reaper was already gone despite his inhumane speed.

"This guy..."

"Come on, surely you can do better than that." The reaper spoke again, from  a different location now.

Once again, Mika rushed over but again he found nothing. It only took him about a second to appear from one side of the factory to another, he never thought a human could match such speed. Clearly he was wrong.

"Hey, Mika...stay calm." Nagisa said, telepathically.

Mika relaxed. Shutting his eyes and focusing entirely on sounds and brainwaves around him.

"Found him."

He instantly appeared in front of the reaper and before he could even open his eyes again his hand was already round the man's neck.

"Game over." He said.

However, just at that moment something was plunged into the back of his neck.

He fell flat to the ground, releasing the reaper from his grip in the process.

As he lay staring at the ceiling unable to move, he sort a figure in all white walk past.

"Damn Shiro, I was so focused on this reaper guy I completely forgot about him."

All of a sudden, the realisation hit both Mika and Nagisa at the same time. They couldn't move, they were in the presence of two evil people and no one knew they were here. What could they do now?

"I'm sorry Na-"

"It's fine, I could have never done any better. We'll be okay, it's not over yet I promise." Nagisa said, struggling to believe his own words.

Mika stayed in control just in case a miracle happened, he believed he'd have the best shot at getting them out of there. After all Nagisa was only human, he had his limits. He was seventeen not even a full grown adult, it was possible he wouldn't even be able to move through the stress his body was currently in.

"Shiro, start extracting his blood. We have work to do."

Shiro took out a few syringes from inside his cloak, that's what it sounded like but of course Mika was stuck staring at the ceiling still.

Footsteps became closer, making themselves louder with every step. It was like a horror film, he was helpless and the real demons, Shiro and the reaper, were getting closer to whatever sick things they were planning. 

Just then...

"ARRGHHH!" Shiro let out a cry of pain.

"What...the." The reaper said.

"You can move now." A voice spoke in Mika's ear.

It only took Mika a split second to jump up and turn around but by the time that happened no one was there. Shiro was on his knees with his whole left hand lying on the ground in front of him, with it still clasping the syringes.

Mika could feel the brainwaves of two other people, one must be the reaper and the other is probably whoever attacked.

"Who was this."

Mika could locate neither of them but just then the reaper appeared on the floor beside Shiro, with both his legs broken.

It was like someone placed him there but how...he didn't see anyone else.

Just then, Mika felt two taps on his shoulder. He spun round to see nothing but a note lying on the ground.

Leave them there, meet me at Shinigami woods, I'll be there in thirty seconds so don't keep me waiting too long.

"What the...Shinigami woods. At full speed it will take me about a minute, how could someone get there in thirty seconds. This must be a bluff and with Nagisa's body under this much pain and fatigue that time frame would probably be increased to three minutes." Mika thought.

"What is going on...did you see anyone besides reaper sensei and Shiro?" Nagisa asked.

"No..." Mika replied, not even knowing what else to say.

With that, they vanished and made there way to Shinigami woods. They left Shiro and the reaper as instructed. After all, they needed to find out who was capable of this. Sure, if Nagisa's body wasn't in as much pain as it was Mika would have beat the reaper and Shiro with his eyes closed probably, but even so...that's because he's the demon king. No one else can match him in power. This must be some kind of joke...maybe a dream.

"Took you long enough." A voice spoke, as Mika stood at the entrance of Shinigami woods.

By nature he instantly raised his guard, he didn't even notice another person was around.

Just then a figure appeared in front of him.

"Hi, I'm Rin."