Chapter 44: Reunited

Karma and Nagisa had been engaged for about a month now, they both were dying to get married but they decided to wait till it was closer to the new years. Not for any particular reason but it just seemed like a cool idea, entering a new year in a new relationship with each other.

They had the wedding planned already and they'd told all there closest friends and family about it, everyone was so happy and excited for them. Honestly it was so sweet.

"Okay I'm off, see you after work Nagi!"

"Alright, bye!" Nagisa shouted back from the kitchen.

Karma was now working at a really important company. Nagisa wasn't sure of all the details but he knew Karma was happy there and that it was a really good job, easily one of the best in Japan. He had just started so he wasn't one of the super high-up people yet but everyone who knew him knew he would be soon. 

"Ahh." Nagisa sighed, drying his hands as he finished washing the dishes. "What should I do today?" He muttered to himself.

He sat down on the living room sofa, completely lost in his thoughts.

"I know! I should go see koro-sensei, maybe after that I could pay Rin a visit and see how him and Lucifer are doing."

"Koro-sensei? Oh, is that you're old teacher?" 

"Oh hey Mika, yeah it is. Honestly it's been a while since you and I have had a proper conversation."

"Yeah, well we do pretty much live the same lives now so there wouldn't be much...conversing."

"Haha, true. Well I better get ready if I wanna do all this before Karma comes home later."

Nagisa ended up leaving the house around an hour later, he had already eaten breakfast with Karma in the morning so that saved some time.

"Right, what's first?" He thought, as he stepped out of the house. "Oh right, Koro-sensei. I better go buy some flowers first."

Nagisa went to a small local flower shop and got the most expensive ones he could buy. It was the least he could do for his old teacher. 

His teacher didn't have a 'real' grave so Nagisa and his old classmates sort of made there own place to remember him...the old classroom. Karasuma was nice enough to buy the old 3-E building for them, that way it belonged to them forever and could never be destroyed.

Nagisa unlocked the classroom and stepped inside, the students rotated monthly to keep this place clean so when Nagisa walked in, it was as fresh as he could remember.

He walked up to the teachers desk and placed the flowers on top of a pile that was already laying there.

He bowed his head before turning around and sitting at his old seat. He shut his eyes in remembrance of his 'un-killable teacher'. 

"Nagisa, is it really you?"

He opened his eyes and looked up.

"Rin?"

"Hey man, it's been a while."

"Yeah it has, I was actually going to go see you after this. What are you doing here of all places?"

"Oh well, my brother works at this school as you know. But because I can't really get inside the main building without causing damage to the school I come here sometimes, just to get a feel of what his life could be like here."

"Honestly Rin, why don't you just see him. I'm sure he'd be more than happy to see you again."

"Yeah I know, I've actually been thinking about it for the first time lately. But...well I just wouldn't know what to say. You know, I've caused him a lot of pain in the past."

"Listen...We've all done something to someone important to us. But the thing is people forgive us, especially if they're our own family. I want you to think about two things."

"Yeah, what is it?"

"Number one, would you forgive him if he did to you what you done to him. Number two, do you really think he's happy without you."

"Uhh, well sure I'd forgive him but still...I don't know."

"Rin, he needs you. I saw it in his eyes every time I was around him, he had that 'look of emptiness' like he had everything he wanted except the one thing he wanted. If that makes sense."

Rin nodded. "Yeah, I get you...okay I'll see him. But not in school, could you maybe ask him to meet you and I'll turn up there with you?"

Nagisa laughed. "Of course, that's no problem. Especially after all you've done for me."

"Thank you, Nagisa."

The two boys left the building but continued talking for a few minutes before going their separate ways. Nagisa and Rin met up with Mr Okumura the following week. Nagisa left early so they could have their own time together but even so, the little time that Nagisa was there Mr Okumura actually looked like he finally had all he needed. He hoped Rin noticed it too. 

"Hey Karma, I'm home."

"Oh, where have you been?"

"I just went to see Mr Okumura, I brought Rin with me."

"What?! He actually agreed to go?"

"Yeah, finally. They actually seemed really happy together."

"Really? I wonder what happened between them."

"Yeah same."