Chapter 32: Karma's New Powers

Rin made Nagisa memorise a chant so he could bind with Karma. Once he memorised it he recited it with no mistakes, all Karma had to do was say one word to accept the power Nagisa was giving him.

Karma gulped before speaking...

"Aschente."

He felt a pulse run through his whole body. Nagisa supported him so he didn't fall over, his eyes flashed bright red before returning back to normal.

"Did it work..." Nagisa said, looking to Rin.

Rin nodded. "Karma, how do you feel?"

Karma's head felt like it was spinning. "I feel...different I guess."

"Nagisa take your arm off of Karma's waist."

Nagisa nodded and slowly removed his arm.

Karma leant back as if he was going to fall but quickly snapped back to reality and stood firmly.

"Wow." He said, looking at the palm of his hands. "It's almost like I have a whole new strength in my body. It's like I can feel it running all the way through my fingertips, it's almost...electric."

"Yeah, it should start feeling normal in a few hours. For now just take it easy, once everything seems normal you can try control your new powers" Rin said.

"Okay, so what now?" Nagisa asked.

"Well you don't need my help anymore. Just keep training, you should find it easier now and if you do have any problems Karma will be able to help you."

"How?" Karma asked.

"You'll know."

He nodded in response.

"Okay you guys may as well make your way back. If you ever need me either call me or wait for me here. Let me know once you have full control, Nagisa."

"Okay." Nagisa said.

The two of them made their way to Karma's house. His house was bigger so they liked being there, not that Karasuma's house was small of course.

A Few Days Later

It was now Sunday. Karma had come to learn the basics of his power and Nagisa was already better at controlling his. He needed less time to concentrate now as well. 

Karma could now do things like speak to Nagisa telepathically, which was cool. He also had a lot more speed and power than before...that was kind of scary and he could always feel where Nagisa was. There was a few other things too.

The boys were preparing for school tomorrow, Karasuma had given Nagisa the 'okay' to be in school once Nagisa explained he has control over his powers. Karasuma worried less with Karma around, he knew those boys would do anything to keep each other safe.

There had been no news about the Reaper or Shiro either so they might have actually given up now, that was good news.

"Karma."

"Yeah, Nagi?"

"Can I cook dinner today? I wanna surprise you." Nagisa shouted to Karma, who had just gone upstairs to grab his phone charger.

"Well I'm not gonna say no." Karma laughed.

"Alright, thanks."

"It's all good."

Later that day, Nagisa cooked dinner. He made all of Karma's favourite foods. They were practically sorted for the whole week.

Nagisa made his way back to Karasuma's that night. He realised all his school stuff was over there still, it had been so long since he went to school he kind of forgot he needed a uniform. Plus Karma's birthday eighteenth was coming up so that's been on his mind a lot lately. 

Once he was home he made sure to put everything he needed for school in one corner so he wouldn't forget anything tomorrow morning. He then texted Karma as usual before falling asleep.

The next day, Nagisa met up with Karma so they could walk to school together in the morning.

The first day of school was fun. Nagisa was actually glad he was back, everyone had a lot of questions but of course him being the assassin he was, he avoided all of them.

Everything was actually going smoothly. This was the last year of high school they had and there wasn't long left. Karma still wanted to become a politician and Nagisa an assassin. They were very different but also strangely similar in their own ways.

The school week practically flew by and it was Karma's birthday tomorrow. Nagisa had been thinking all week about what he was going to do and he finally had the perfect ideas. Karasuma was a strict dad so their was no sex before marriage for Nagisa but that was fine he had much better plans then that.