Chapter 3

Elvis, Elvis, let me be
Keep that pelvis far from me

Elvis, Elvis, let me beKeep that pelvis far from me

Tonight is girls night. Well, girls and Mac night. But I would argue that Mac is more of a girl than I am most of the time, so yeah it's girls night.

And like most girls nights, we are watching Grease while we drink wine and eat cheese.

The movie starts and the moment John Travolta appears on the screen, Mac squeals like a little girl. He is quick to toss on his turbulent jacket, put his joint in his mouth, and run up to stand next to the television in the small living room area of my trailer to mimic John Travolta's movements.

 He is quick to toss on his turbulent jacket, put his joint in his mouth, and run up to stand next to the television in the small living room area of my trailer to mimic John Travolta's movements

"Lord almighty, where is my Danny Zuko?!" Mac huffs as he exhales some smoke and makes his way back to plop onto the couch. "I joined a little gang like the T-birds, you would think life would work like the movies."

"Yeah, because life is going to be just like Grease. We are all going to have a happy ending and fly away in a car." I quip sarcastically.

"I could get on board for a flying car and my own Danny Zuko." Amanda interjects.

"Why do you want a Danny Zuko? Men are worthless. My fingers and vibrator can provide more for me than any man ever could." Natalie retorts before taking Mac's joint from his hand and taking a hit.

"Hey!" Mac exclaims in an offended tone. "I love men!"

"How unfortunate." Natalie bites back dryly.

I laugh at their friendly jabs and take another sip of my wine before returning my gaze to the television.

After a while longer of watching the movie, the part where the pink ladies have their sleepover comes one.

By now, after many times of watching this movie together, we have developed a tradition of sorts. Every time this part comes on, we reenact it.

We have each taken on a certain pink lady as our own at this point, the one that fits our personality the most.

As much as Mac wants to think he is the Rizzo, he is definitely the Frenchy of our group. Amanda is Marty. Natalie is Jan. And that leaves me as Rizzo.