Chapter 7

Character aesthetics for this chapter

*****

The lights are flashing
Down in here tonight
And some might exchange a glance
But keep pretending to dance

The lights are flashingDown in here tonightAnd some might exchange a glanceBut keep pretending to dance

The whole gang is here. And surprisingly, the gang includes Harry tonight.

I'm not going to lie, Harry kind of annoys the living shit out of me.

Like for starters, it's one thing to not trust people and feel entitled to a level of privacy in your life, but Harry is on a different level.

I have no fucking idea why he won't let anyone catch even a glimpse of inside his trailer. It's like he's hiding a dead body in there.

Maybe I should be giving Harry the benefit of the doubt though. Maybe he's just hiding a stuffed animal collection inside that trailer. Maybe mister I'm a tattooed fishnet wearing bad ass is actually a big softie.

Who knows?

But still, the man is awfully secretive. Even more so than I am, and that's saying something.

Like damn throw us a bone or something.

I know Mac in particular would love that.

I just am hoping for any sense of confirmation from my new neighbor that he isn't going to murder me in my sleep or steal my bike.

You know, the two most important worries in life.

Also, he's a cocky son of a bitch.

Actually, I don't want to diss his parents when I don't know them. So I retract that statement...Harry's just a cocky bitch.

It's funny how he thinks that him teasing me has even close to the effect on me that he presumes it does. I'm not a weak man where sex trumps everything in their life.

And I think Harry likes the chase.

That's got to be the reason he's teasing me instead of say, Amanda.