Chapter 42

We'll be a fine line
We'll be alright

The sun feels warm on my skin and I welcome the feeling gladly

The sun feels warm on my skin and I welcome the feeling gladly. I take a deep breath, enjoying the fresh air that fills my lungs. I wiggle my toes and notice a tickling sensation when I do so. When I look down, I see that the most vibrant green grass is the cause of it.

I scan my eyes around where I am and see an endless array of flowers. So many vibrant colors. From the deepest of reds to the most vivacious shades of violet, every color on the spectrum seems to be seen around me.

Birds chirp and fly playfully in the sky above me amidst the fluffy white clouds.

I wonder where I am and decide to start exploring my surroundings.

I start to walk aimlessly through the flowers. The tickling feeling from the grass continues up to my knees, right below where the hem of my white linen shorts hit, as the flowers brush against my exposed skin.

While I walk, I take notice of the fact that my long hair is no longer hitting at my collar bones. Instead, it is tied up neatly into a bun. I also notice that I am wearing a flowy short sleeved white linen top. It is unbuttoned, revealing a white wife-beater tank top underneath. My usual rings also no longer adorn my fingers.

My attire confuses me. This is not something I usually wear. My clothing is usually dark and paired with a set of fishnets.

I look almost...angelic?

"Harry!" An all too familiar voice cheers from my right that causes me to stop in my tracks and my heart to nearly stop. It is a voice I haven't heard in so long. A voice I have missed more than words can describe. A voice that only lives in my memory anymore. Until now.

"Mum?" I breathe out in disbelief when I turn to the right and see my mum dressed in a white flowy dress. Her dark brown hair is loosely braided off to the side and decorated with a few small white flowers.

She stands there and smiles at me. The sight nearly brings tears to my eyes. I soon find my feet having a mind of their own when they start to run towards her. "Mum!" I cheer with a big dimpled smile on my face as I run through the field of flowers.

Once I reach her, I am quick to wrap my arms around her. Encompassing her in a hug so tight, I fear that she will slip away from me again at any moment. I'm confused as to why she feels so real in my arms. But I don't focus on that thought, it feels too good to be with her again.

"Good to see you too, Harry." She laughs after a moment, patting my back.

I take this as a silent ask for me to end the hug. I hesitate, scared that when I let go she will disappear. But in the end I give in and retreat. Yet I still keep her at an arm's reach.

I smile widely as I look down at her. My cheeks start to ache, but I can't bring myself to care. "Come on, let's go for a walk." She asks, waving her hand to gesture me to follow her.