Chapter 28

Cast me far away
Play these little games
Actin' all okay
Today, today

Cast me far awayPlay these little gamesActin' all okayToday, today

Today has been a really good day.

I made the decision to leave all my problems and agonizing thoughts back at Westwind for the duration of this little trip Harley surprised me with.

We finished swimming a while ago and then went back to the motel to change. Harley seemed really excited to go hiking and watch the sun set from the top of the cliff.

I guess hiking isn't a strong suit of mine. I tripped over some stray sticks and rocks a fair number of times on our way up. Harley made sure to laugh at me each time I did.

But seeing how happy she was when we got to the top made it all worth it.

Damn. She is so fucking beautiful.

"Do you want to play twenty questions?" Harley asks me as we sit at the edge of the cliff and admire the view

"Sure," I shrug. "You ask the first question."

She hums in thought for a moment, thinking of a question. "If you could have one superpower for a day, what would it be?"

"Invisibility, for sure." I answer with certainty.

"You're forgetting about teleportation. Do you realize how many places you could visit in such a short amount of time with that superpower?" She retorts.

"Point taken." I laugh as I take a moment to think of a question. "If you had to get a tattoo right now, what would you get?"

"I don't know. I'm too spontaneous to plan a tattoo. I want a leg sleeve. But I would probably choose the design like a minuet before I got the tattoo."

"I'm the same way. So many of my tattoos are random and spur of the moment."

"Like these?" Harley asks as she starts to mindlessly trace the small tattoos on my wrist.

"Which is your favorite?" I ask as I move my gaze from her fingers to look into those always breathtaking big blue eyes.

"I'm partial to your ass tattoo, because I did it." She smiles. The sight has those pesky butterflies fluttering in my stomach again. "But I also really like the ferns on your hips."