Chapter 12

Sometimes quiet is violent
I find it hard to hide it
My pride is no longer inside
It's on my sleeve
My skin will scream reminding me of
Who I killed inside my dream
I hate this car that I'm driving
There's no hiding for me
I'm forced to deal with what I feel
There is no distraction to mask what is real
I could pull the steering wheel

Sometimes quiet is violentI find it hard to hide itMy pride is no longer insideIt's on my sleeveMy skin will scream reminding me ofWho I killed inside my dreamI hate this car that I'm drivingThere's no hiding for meI'm forced to deal with what I f...

Whistle boom pop crackle sizzle.

Faces in the packed crowd illuminate around me as fireworks go off overhead.

Whistle boom pop crackle sizzle.

Another goes off. But I don't have time to watch the show.

All I feel is panic flowing through my veins and spreading through every inch of my body as I hurry through the crowd of people.

I feel bodies bumping into me from every direction from how crowded this park is. But I need to find her and make sure she is safe before they find her.

They're onto me. I know they are.

I may have killed him to prove my loyalties. But I think they could sense my hesitation when they told me to kill him. They didn't know they told me to kill someone I have worked with for so long, a friend. But I have a feeling that they could tell from my aforementioned hesitation.

And it won't be long until who I actually work for finds out. Then I will have them looking for me too.

But they won't be looking to kill me like the others will once they decide that I'm not trustworthy.

It will be a race between the two. Will I be arrested or tortured and killed?

My options sound so appealing.

I know they aren't stupid. They're onto me now and they will start looking into me. And when they do that, they will find her.

So, instead of being arrested or tortured and killed...I came up with a third option.