Chapter 36

Bite my tongue bide my time
What is it about them?
I'm the bad guy

Bite my tongue bide my timeWhat is it about them?I'm the bad guy

I quickly do as Harley tells me to and go help Macgyver. "There's my bodyguard!" Macgyver cheers once I reach him before he headbutts a man, causing them to fall to the ground. "Probably should have said no to your five minute break, huh?" He adds as he looks at me briefly.

Suddenly, I feel someone come behind me, wrapping their arm around my neck and starting to choke me.

Thankfully, because of my previous line of work, my fight or flight reflexes choose fight every time.

I instantly reach for the knife I have on me, bringing it up to slash the arm around my neck. As the person behind me is caught of guard, I take the opportunity to elbow them in the gut to get them off of me.

I take a deep breath to regain my composure and roll my eyes in annoyance. These electrics are really childish for starting a fight like this. In hindsight, all fights like this are childish to me because of all the actual murders I have come in contact with in my lifetime. A few gang members with knives don't scare me.

But I did hear gunshots when Harley and I were inside the club. That does cause me to worry a bit.

I follow the natural instincts of my training and rush over to press my back against Macgyver's so that nobody can sneak up on us from behind again.

The next man that comes up to me has a gun in his hand. I am quick to disarm him and knock him upside the head with the butt of the gun to knock him out. 

I ready myself for the next person that tries to come at me, holding the gun in one hand and my knife in the other while my back is still pressed against Macgyver's.

"Harley!" I hear Amanda shout in the distance amongst the chaos. My body instantly floods with panic and worry from the sound.

Everything starts to feel like it's going in slow motion as I frantically search the crowd of people around me for Harley.

And then I see her. I see Harley being tackled to the ground by some woman that looks a bit familiar, but I can't quite tell because of how dark it is outside. Only the red glow of the lights from the club that flood the street illuminate the area of the bridge that we are on.

I see the woman try to punch Harley across the face. Thankfully, she dodges the blow and manages to roll them over so she is in control of the situation now.

My feet have a mind of their own, starting to move towards Harley to help her and make sure she is okay. But then I feel someone push me out of the way.

And that is when I see it. I identify the man who pushed past me to be none other than Zayn. And more importantly, I see a gun in his hand.

My blood feels like it has turned to ice when I see Zayn aim the gun at Harley.