Chapter 27

Tonight we're Bonnie and Clyde
We'll take our chance on the run
Let's make our getaway, getaway

Tonight we're Bonnie and ClydeWe'll take our chance on the runLet's make our getaway, getaway

"Pack you backpack, baby. We're going on a getaway!" I say cheerfully when Harry answers the door.

"A who what?" He retorts with furrowed brows.

"I was thinking about that one night when we talked out front of your trailer about how we wish we could escape for a few days and not be us. You know, when we came up with those alter personas. Well, I booked a motel for a night in a random city. So, let's go be not us for two days." I explain.

Harry laughs and shakes his head in disbelief. "You're crazy."

"Spontaneity does not mean crazy!" I retort playfully, acting like his statement was offensive.

"Whatever you say, baby." He smiles, showcasing those dimples of his that make butterflies flutter in my stomach.

I give him a look so he knows I'm serious. I deadass already booked a motel for us to stay at tonight.

I have always been the spontaneous type. There is something about the thrill of living life in the heat of the moment and not having a plan. Everything always seems to be a surprise.

I also kind of like to believe that everything happens for a reason. That my life will work itself out how it's supposed to, that I am just along for the ride.

And you know what, I'm okay with that. I'm fine relinquishing control and just going along with whatever life throws my way. It keeps me on my toes.

Plus, flying by the seat of my pants sounds a lot more appealing compared to planning everything out. That's also a bonus to having a best friend like Natalie. She plans shit that needs to be planned.

My spontaneous idea to go on a mini road trip with Harry might not just be because of a random idea of mine, though.

Since the day of the holiday, my friends keep bugging me about Harry and I's relationship.

I mean, we aren't dating. I haven't dated since Jake.

And, to be honest, I'm kind of scared to date. I lost myself when I dated him. He changed me, and I didn't even realize it, until it was too late. I don't want that to happen again.

I have never been one of those girls that society deems to be the ideal woman. Whatever the fuck that means anyway.

I have curves, a big ass, stretch marks on my wide set hips, cellulite on my thighs, and more of what society thinks of as stuff that you should be ashamed of.

It took me a long while to accept those parts of my body. And then, I dated Jake. He so quickly took back all of my many years of progress towards learning to finally love myself.

But I thankfully feel confident in myself again. I love my body. It's beautiful in it's own way. And anyone who gives a shit, doesn't belong in my life.