Chapter 50

I like us better when we're intertwined
The way you touch me got me losin' my senses
Put your love with your lips on mine, on mine, on mine
You got me workin' up an appetite-tite

I like us better when we're intertwinedThe way you touch me got me losin' my senses Put your love with your lips on mine, on mine, on mineYou got me workin' up an appetite-tite

"You could have a steam train
If you'd just lay down your tracks
You could have an aeroplane flying
If you bring your blue sky back"

I sing and dance slightly to the music playing while I make dinner with Hailey. She is currently laying against my chest with the help of this stretchy piece of fabric that I found online. Apparently you just tie it around yourself and put the baby in and bada bing bada boom, you can use both of your hands while simultaneously taking care of your kid.

I feel like a fucking kangaroo. But it sure is a brilliant invention.

"All you do is call me
I'll be anything you need"

I love this song. It was the song that Harley and I were dancing to when we shared our first kiss. Needless to say, this song will always be one of my favorite songs.

"You could have a big dipper
Going up and down, all around the bends
You could have a bumper car, bumping
This amusement never ends"

I continue to sing while I turn over the chicken that I'm grilling in the pan on the stove.

Harley is out with the girls. I guess Amanda suggested that they all have a little spa day.

I practically had to shove Harley out the door to get her to go. She deserves to be pampered. And I'm more than capable of being a housewife and staying home with Hailey for a few hours. Harley fed her before she left, so we really won't need her until it comes time for Hailey to eat again.

Since it is nearing dinner time, I thought I would surprise Harley with a nice meal for when she gets home.

I'm not too bad of a cook, at least I like to think so. My mum taught me some recipes before I moved out of the house. Which really came in handy so I didn't have to order take out all the time and use up all my money while living on my own.

"I want to be your sledgehammer
Why don't you call my name
Oh let me be your sledgehammer
This will be my testimony"

I spin around and look down at Hailey with a silly face to elicit a giggle from her. The sound is easily my favorite. And the view of her dimples warms my heart in ways I can't explain. But Harley told me that she gets the same feeling when she sees my dimples.

Hailey's only a few weeks old and she is already growing up too fast.

Before I know it, I'm going to blink and she is going to be walking and talking.

I hope her first word is dad.

Who knew I would love being a dad this much? I'm kind of surprised.