11: Come Close

What left unsaid says it all

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

4 years back

"HEY!" I exclaimed in happiness.

Taehyung stayed speechless. Looking at me, then at yoongi then at me and back to Hyung.

"Hyung I guess hobi Hyung is looking for you" I excused

"oh, is he? Then I guess I'll be going; you guys catch up" yoongi said and bend forward to taehyung, whispering something in his ears which sadly I didn't catch because taehyung's expressions were hilarious. "Hyung!" he whispered back, hitting his arm which the elder tried to avoid.

Yoongi Hyung smiled and left, I smirked and turned to taehyung who seemed nervous and lost after yoongi left.

"I'm sorry taehyung, but let me clarify that I wasn't following you. We were coming to the same place, seems like fate wants us together" I murmured the last part. He chuckled a bit but didn't reply.

The spot where we were standing and talking was really busy so I pulled him to the bar. He took a seat while I sat on the stool in front of him. "so now would you like to have a drink with me" I asked the nervous. He looked around the bar and then at me before giving a small smile and a nod. We placed an order, and because he didn't want to have any alcohol, we both went for the orange juice.

"I'm sorry Jungkook, I misunderstood you," he said in a small voice taking a sip of his drink.

"ah- it's okay! You don't have to be sorry, I should be sorry, I kinda forced you" I said, I don't know where this nature came in me that suddenly a part-time jerk like me was apologizing.

He nodded murmuring "It's fine..." a small smile never leaving his lips.

We continued to talk, and to be honest, he was a bubbly kind of person, but at some points, he acts like he is confident with his back straight and his chin up. His confidence was making me think that he may top me- wait Jungkook! You know you are sometimes a jerk but don't act like a born jerk.

I made my attention back to Taehyung and he was looking out of the window and speaking something. In the next moment, he stood up, brushing off his jacket to remove the wrinkles. He smiled at me and I could still not understand what was happening.

"shall we?" he said tilting his head a bit.

Um... shall we...? Shall we what....? Well if THAT shall we then I don't know him that much.

"we shall?" the thing I said was in a more questioning tone.

His eyebrows frowned. "c'mon drop me home, before I get too late, I have classes tomorrow! .... and better to get home before it gets too dark, I don't trust you that much" he chuckled on the last part and kept the cute smile on his face. He was joking, that means he trusted me.

I nodded and followed him out of the lounge. I saw Yoongi and Hoseok Hyung waving at us and Yoongi also shouted "take care of him!" and to which I nodded. A weird memory came back telling me that yoongi Hyung asked me to walk taehyung home when I was zoning out and again admiring taehyung.

The lounge was soon left behind as we both started to walk on the pathway towards Yoongi's apartment where Taehyung is currently living. The evening seems to get colder and it was good that we both had us stuffed in our jackets.

The sudden but comfortable silence between us had to ruin by me. "why did you decide to be a doctor"

I noticed the way he tensed, maybe I shouldn't have asked that. he visibly gulped hard before a sad smile crept upon his lips.