19: Lense

don't let them know

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

16 December.

"fuck it," Jungkook said and moved up from his seat, he moved to the curtains to see that the car was still here. He sighed the nth time and went to collect his things. He rechecked himself in the mirror, contact lenses-check, specks-check, make up-check, cameras-check, his passport- check.

He had the basic things and so he moved out of the room. He decided to use the back door this time so that he could sneak out of Taehyun.

He took a taxi instead of walking and asked the driver to drop him somewhere on the highway. Jungkook decided to do the rest by walking and so he was walking to the corner of the road with his tablet in his hand. He was basically going to the place where the last location of Taehyung was shown, maybe he could get some clues. Or maybe even Taehyung around there.

He walked some more steps before he stopped and looked around. It was really an empty road, it's one side with greenery and wall to the next road and the other side was a slope, a cliff, and then lake water down it.

he just made sure that no one was really around and so he started to look around to find something, anything. He is all on himself. He can't go to the police, because he has a different identity here also he cant go as a Japanese to look for a South Korean. He for the meantime cant go to the campsite and on top of that, some random teenage guy was following him around.

Jungkook continued to look around. He found some faint tire drifts mark on-road but it could be of any car he thought.

He clicked some photographs but it was not helping, there were many marks, of different sizes, sure many accidents would have happened on this road. He looked around more if he could just find something. He looked down from the edge of the road to see a long slope before a valley leading to the water.

Nothing

He could find nothing.

But then he saw a board, a signboard.

With a number of the road management community of this area. Maybe they would know something...

Jungkook noted down the number and called up there. the phone ringed against his ear before someone picked it from the other side.

"Hello," an uninterested voice came followed by a yawn.

"hello is the road management community of xx area?" Jungkook questioned.

"yes it is, how can I help you?" the voice sounded annoyed.

"um... I wanted to know that were there any accidents here in this area on ... um.. 10th of December?" he needed to confirm that did Taehyung got into an accident? Or was he back at his camp or .... Umm... I don't know.

"One minute please" was the reply before some sound of turning pages came. Jungkook waited patiently, biting on his lip he hopes there was no accident.

"yes.... 3 happened" the man across the phone replied. A pang hit Jungkook's heart, half of his mind was thinking that Taehyung was involved but another half was thinking that Taehyung might not have run into something.

"can I know more about it... like-"

"address will be sent to this number, you can visit" and the call hung up.

Jungkook sighed while detaching the phone from his ears and "they don't know the thing call customer service" he mumbled and shook his head.

Soon the ting on his phone told him that he got the address and as he didn't have any other plan right now so he decided to get to the office, maybe he would get more of its information.