Chapter Four

The Best Pet For The Best Daughter!

Saoirse woke up and stepped into the kitchen with the cutest bed hair, Trying to fix it as Fenton let out a small laugh as she placed her sketchpad down and started to draw.

Fenton sat at the table, Trying to keep his mind from racing off track as he watched Saoirse draw in her sketchpad across from him.

Since she was brought home, Saoirse had a hard time trying to find her voice even when Fenton and M'ma were with them, Of course this was explained by Miss Cherrywood that Saoirse was just very quiet.

During the day Fenton nearly had panic attacks, Seeing her work on her inventions in her room after not knowing where she was for 5 minutes.

He was trying to think of ways to help his daughter find her voice, Hearing his m'ma enter the kitchen and nudging him as he looked up seeing Saoirse looking at him.

Fenton ruffled her hair as she went back to drawing as his M'ma dragged him away from the table and brought him into the living room.

M'ma: "Fenton, Why are you staring off into space?, You're causing your daughter to worry!"

Fenton: "I know M'ma but.... I'm just worried about her growing up, What if she can't get through a job interview because she unable to  talk to others!"

M'ma Cabrera: "Calm down Pollito, There's plenty of time until the future happens, But until then she needs a supportive figure to help her gain the courage she needs, Can you guess who I'm talking about?"

Fenton sighs, Pointing to himself as M'ma chuckles, Ruffling his hair as she smirks, Planting a kiss on Fenton's forehead.

M'ma Cabrera: "You know, I read somewhere that pets can encourage children to talk with them, I'd be more than willing to welcome another new member to the family"

Fenton smiles, Thinking about it for a moment before giving her a kiss on the cheek before rushing to the kitchen, Picking Saoirse up and spinning her around, Hearing her laugh as M'ma prepares Breakfast.

Fenton's Point Of View

With M'ma's advice still fresh on my mind, I went to the internet on my phone, Typing in the best places in Duckberg that will have the perfect pet that Saoirse will have as a faithful companion.

Thankfully one place in the city had very positive reviews, Was in a good spot in the neighbourhood and close to the Money Bin just in case Dr Gearloose needed me right away.

After stimulating my brain waves with my daily hot beverage, I decided to get ready for the outing with M'ma helping with Saoirse in her room as I fixed my tie and waited by the door for the pair.

She soon came out as M'ma held onto her little hand as we all got into the car and started our expedition towards town.

Gripping my hands on the car seat, I tried to pay no mind to the sound of traffic surrounding us as I looked over to Saoirse who was gazing out the window.

I ruffled her hair again, Keeping her close to me safely, Knowing how the roads can get a little hectic especially with Mr McDuck's driver on the roads.

Her eyes widened as the car stopped suddenly with Ma'ma yelling at a guy in Spanish as I tried my best to cover my daughter's ears, knowing she was fluent in many languages.

......But judging from Saoirse covering her mouth from showing her laughing at M'ma, She knew exactly what was being said.

Pushing her away from the scene ahead, We made our way towards the only pet shop in town with various 5 star ratings linked to it.