Chapter Five

Bring Your Daughter To Work Day!

It was a typical normal morning at the Cabrera household, Saoirse was brushing Eevee's fur whilst listening to the news, Fenton was getting ready to go to the lab and M'ma Cabrera....

She was also rushing to get into work. M'ma Cabrera gave Saoirse a quick kiss on the forehead before knocking on Fenton's door.

He opened it expecting Saoirse but as he saw his M'ma, Fenton groaned as he realised what it meant. She couldn't look after Saoirse.

M'ma Cabrera explained that the beagle boys was causing mayhem downtown and she was sent to investigate and couldn't look after her.

M'ma Cabrera: "I'm sorry Pollito but they need backup with dealing with those knuckleheads"

She gave him a kiss on the cheek before leaving the house as Saoirse peeked up from the couch as Fenton sighed in defeat before going over and picking her up.

Fenton: "Let's go get ready for the day, Okay?"

Saoirse nodded as he set her down as she walked to her room, Placing Eevee into her bed before organising her stuff to bring with her.

She placed her sketchpad alongside her pencils and pens alongside a few of her inventions and her tablet before adjusting her backpack and started to head out her door.

Closing her room, She saw Fenton pacing back and forth before she walked towards him, Stopping him in his tracks as he was visibly panicking.

Fenton was sure Dr Gyro Gearloose would fire him or disown him again but this time for bringing his own daughter down to the highly restricted lab where anything could happen to her.

He held Saoirse hand, Holding it tight as he walked over to the door and stepped out, Locking the door as the two made their way to the money bin.

He kept a tight grip on her hand as they crossed the streets of Duckberg, Anxiety + dread was filling Fenton's head with Saoirse staring up at him in worry, Giving him a small squeeze as they finally made it to their destination.

From Saoirse's perspective, The Money Bin was an incredible eyesore for her. She knew how important it meant for Scrooge McDuck as it held every coin and treasure he had earned from his adventures.

As they walked through the money bin and headed towards the elevator down to the lab, Fenton shaking nervously as he pressed the button to call the elevator.

Many of Scrooge's employees stared at Saoirse, Some smiling at her while others were trying not to awe out loud as she held onto her papa's hand, Slightly hiding from them but gave a little wave causing some to faint.

Instantly, Fenton noticed this, Giving Saoirse a sympathetic smile as the elevator came up quickly, Fenton wished the elevator went down slowly.

What was Dr Gearloose going to say? Was he going to fire him? Or worse shout at Saoirse for just simply being there.

The sound of the doors opening brought Fenton back to reality as he picked up Saoirse, Taking several steps around the lab, Not finding Dr Gearloose before placing Saoirse at a nearby seat at an empty desk.

Fenton: "I'm just going to find Dr Gearloose Pequeña, Stay here until I come back"

Saoirse nods her head, Waving as he stepped towards the elevator, Pulling out her sketchpad and pencils before starting to sketch away, Unaware of the robot bulb making it's way towards her.