Chapter Two

Meeting Again? Not Possible!?

With a sketchpad in her arms, Saoirse walked down the steps of the orphanage, The sounds of children laughing filled the rooms as she continued her journey towards the courtyard, Peering into the rooms to check that no-one was around to bully her into a corner.

As she made her way into the courtyard, a warm breeze greeted her as she made her way towards the large tree in the middle of the courtyard, Which was the perfect spot to sit and read her latest book about the wonders of old and modern technology in the city of Duckberg.

The quiet atmosphere of the yard was the perfect spot to absorb the knowledge of the textbook, marvelling the wonders of each invention on how they were constructed, Plus why they failed the first several times and how they overcame every challenge.

She had no clue about the orphanage director talking to a certain light brown duck in her office, Nervously looking around the room.

Miss Cherrywood: "Mister Crackshell Cabrera, Your background check has been approved, along with your records and multiple forms of identification, But may I ask, why do you want to adopt this child?"

Fenton chuckled nervously, Fixing his tie as well as his collar before sighing, Glancing at the multiple photos of parents and their smiling adopted children on the wall before staring at Miss Cherrywood.

Fenton: "Well, You see, I've been trying to help others all my life from trying to better the city of Duckberg, But I now figure that the ones who need my help the most are the most vulnerable in the city"

Miss Cherrywood smiles, Heading towards the window, Opening the blinds up to see Saoirse sitting alone outside reading as the breeze flows through her hair, Making her snuggle into her fluffy coat.

Miss Cherrywood: *Sigh* "I must say Mister Cabrera, I'm glad she's finally got a chance to find a family, Poor little thing, Always had trouble being around the children in here"

Fenton: "May I ask why?, She seems so....shy"

She looks away, Stepping towards her desk again, Typing away at her computer before bringing up her record.

Miss Cherrywood: "She's already known to be a 'Know it all' to the kids, Its been troubling, Trying to figure out the best way to continue her education"

Fenton: "Isn't she in school?"

Miss Cherrywood: "That's the thing.....She's already passed beyond higher education"

She pulls out a drawer, Taking out a huge folder which let out a big thud as soon as it hit the desk, Filled to the brim with work ranging from Mathematics, Geography and especially Science. 

Fenton moved closer to the desk, Looking through the folder and gasped at the amount of detail, Flicking through the pages as he was left astounded by her work, Gasping at the sketches for future inventions that inspired him as well.

Miss Cherrywood: "When she was only 4, The school had to ask the local Highschool for more work, So to not let the other children feel 'jealous' I went with her into the high school and watched over her as she whizzed through every subject"

Fenton closed his mouth, Looking at the amount of detail the child  put into her work, It made him compare her work to him as it looked so similar, Reminding him of himself when he was a child.

Fenton: "Increíble, ....So where does she go instead of School?"

Miss Cherrywood: "She stays with me in the office, Helping me with new arrivals but she usually stays in her room, Quietly working away on her tablet"