Chapter Nineteen

An Ancient Shell Leads To An Interesting Discovery!
(Still updating this chapter)

Saoirse tossed and turned in her bed but nothing worked. She tried counting to and from 100 but alas it didn't help her for a perfect night's sleep.

With a defeated sigh, She looked over to her pet's bed, Noticing Eevee climbing onto the bed and approaching her, Letting out a small mew.

Saoirse started to give Eevee a scratch behind her ears as she started to wonder if something was wrong with her as Saoirse walked over to the window, Watching the stars twinkle in the midnight sky.

It always happened to her often in the dead of night. She would hear a mysterious noise... A calling that she could only try to describe as a constant ringing in her ears.

Something was deliberately keeping her awake.

Something that was always seemed to be out of reach.

After much deliberation decided to head towards her Papá's room, Feeling much better as she tip-toed into his room and hesitantly approached Fenton's bed, Hearing his snores.

Saoirse smiled as she started to clean up the papers that were scattered across the room before placing the stack of papers neatly onto his desk.

After a little while, Saoirse decided to have a drink and headed into the kitchen, Quietly pouring herself a glass of water and turned on the small lamp that was placed near the fridge.

Unaware of Eevee walking into Fenton's room and jumping onto the bed, Approaching a sleeping Fenton and letting out a loud meow, Startling him awake and causing Fenton to fall to the floor.

Groaning in pain, Fenton rubbed his eyes tiredly, Staring at Eevee confused before it jumped off the bed and started to pull his shirt.

Fenton let out a yawn and followed Eevee into the kitchen, Thinking she needed fresh water or to go outside until he saw Saoirse sitting at the table, Looking tired as she gazed at the glass of water in front of her.

Fenton: "Oh Pequeña, Can't sleep again?"

She timidly nodded as Fenton sat beside her up, Noticing Saoirse playing with the sleeves of her coat.

Fenton: "Was it a nightmare?"

Saoirse shook her head, Still playing with her sleeves and keeping her head down as Fenton soon noticed little tears forming in her eyes as she soon looked up at him.

Fenton: "Oh, Pequeña, Está bien"

However, Saoirse couldn't stop her tears from falling as Fenton rubbed her back as she gently wrapped her arms around his neck.

She didn't want to let go of him, Afraid of being alone again like she was at the orphanage as Fenton was worried, Trying his best to stop her from crying.

Fenton was still perplexed on why her tears were falling up into the air but he put his racing theories behind him and focused on Saoirse, Slowly falling asleep on his shoulder.

Saoirse let out a small yawn as she fell asleep, Still clinging to Fenton as he let out a sigh, Picking up his daughter and quietly brought her back into her bedroom with Eevee asleep on the foot of her bed.