Chapter Twenty

Journey To The Selkie's Lighthouse!!

As Duckberg was covered in a heavy fog, the McDuck family was busy planning a trip across the ocean with Launchpad, testing the engine as Mrs Beakley supervised him, keeping a watchful eye out.

Huey was reviewing the supplies, keeping Louie picking up anything from the basket.

Webby was discussing mythical creatures whilst Dewey was recording on his phone for his Dewey-Dew Night show.

The rest of the equipment was being put away by Manny as Gyro conversed with Scrooge with Lil Bulb sitting his pocket.

Gyro: "The equipment's all ready to go, all we need is the intern and the Mini Intern"

Scrooge: "Good, Let's hope they'll be here as soon as possible, We don't want any unwanted attention the longer we stay in the open"

At that time, a police car appeared out of the thick fog. It parked beside the dock's staircase as Officer Cabrera got out of the car as she glared daggers in Gyro's direction, making him slightly shiver in fear.

Keeping a tight hold on Fenton, Saoirse rested her head on his shoulder as they made their way down the steps, barely keeping her eyes open as Fenton approached Scrooge and Gyro.

Fenton: "I apologise for being late Mister McDuck, Saoirse hadn't slept well last night"

Scrooge looked at Saoirse as she rubbed her tired eyes, letting out a small yawn before resting her head again on Fenton's shoulder.

Scrooge: "That's alright laddie, Luckily you had officer Cabrera escort you and Saoirse over"

Fenton: "Oh...Um..Well"

M'ma Cabrera: "Pollito, Did you not tell Scrooge McDuck that I would be joining you?"

Fenton stammers, setting Saoirse down before his M'ma drags him over to Scrooge to talk in private, rolling her eyes as Saoirse looked on.

She went over to the end of the docks, feeling the breeze as she gazed at the sea. It somehow made her feel calmer about travelling on a boat.

Webby jumped from the boat, wanting to get away from Dewey's puns for a while. She soon spotted Saoirse and excitedly hugged her tightly.

Saoirse smiles, giving her a smile and a little hug back as the adults talked amongst themselves. 

Webby: "Isn't this exciting!!, We get to travel across the sea, maybe see a mermaid or two?!"

She smiled at Webby, excitedly climbing onto the boat, freaking Louie out which made Saoirse giggle.

Webby: "Who knows what horrors on the seven seas we'll be lucky enough to counter!!, Let's get going!!!"

Saoirse looked at the vessel worriedly before turning around to look back at the town. Since she had never left Duckberg before, Saoirse had second thoughts about crossing the ocean.

Launchpad decided to help her, getting off the boat and standing beside her, giving her a reassuring smile.

Launchpad: "Don't worry, it's just a normal ride across the ocean with only the sound of the calming waves to keep us company"