[B] #6 - BROKEN PROMISES

I have a friend of mine, she's a girl actually. I met her last year when fate crossed our path. I must say that I'm lucky to have her, also I'm blessed because she's one of the reason why I managed to get out of my comfort zone.

We're always talking and talking via phone or personally, no one can stop us from chitchatting every minute. We also have memories created and one of the most happy memories that I had with her is we went to the amusement park and we rode a rollercoaster that made her stomach turn over and that day is one the best that I had with her. We are still creating memories it's either good or bad and I'm happy to create that with the girl that I secretly love with.

"ZANDRO!" She called me out of the blue. I'm waiting for her here at the park. She strode off towards to my area and brought two canned of softdrinks and a plastic that contains fries.

"Sorry to keep you waiting. You know, When I'm buying this food I just saw a new brand of shoes near at the park. It's pretty and I think it's perfectly fits on me" She said then she sat besides me. I looked at her and noticed that sweats are dripping over her forehead. I grabbed my handkerchief and carefully wipe it off.

"H-Hey! Stop that!" She said and her cheeks turn into red like a new harvested tomato. I just giggled myself as I saw her reaction.

.....

The next day I couldn't found her. No presence of her. I was looking forward to see her because I just bought the shoes that she is talking about yesterday. Yes, it's beautiful like her. But where is she? Did she forgot to go to school? I think she did not. I know her, she would rather to go to school than staying at her house. Infact, she's an academic achiever here in our school so it's hard to believe that she is absent today.

But where is she?

I felt a vibration from my pocket and I think someone's calling. When I checked my phone, it's Tita Marry— my bestfriend's mom is calling. I didn't waste any second I answered it already.

"Yes Tita? Napatawag po kayo? May problema po ba? By the way, where is Sandra Tita? I can't find her here at school? Is she okay Tita?" I said over the phone and no response from the other line.

"Tita?" I repeated it again with a worried tone? I hope there's no bad news coming ahead.

"Z-zandro, S-sandra is..." Tita Marry started to talk and her voice is shaky and at the same time cracking.

Right now, goosebumps and nervousness is flowing through my veins. This is not a good news I think.

"Is?" I said couragously, but deep inside I'm trembling like an earthquake.

"Sorry Zandro but she didn't make it..." Tita continued talking. What is she talking about? Is she pulling a joke on me?

"What do you mean Tita?" I mustered the strength and courage that I have to ask. I'm confused and I wish that's not what I think of.

"She passed away at 2 o'clock in the morning" After that, I heard Tita Marry sobbing.

"Iho, Sandra never told you that she have a STAGE 5 KIDNEY CANCER because you will be worried for sure. So, she kept it as a secret" Tita Marry added.

W-WHAT??? NO! TELL ME IT'S JUST A JOKE. TELL ME THAT SANDRA, MY BESTFRIEND IS STILL ALIVE EATING HER FAVORITE STRAWBERRY ICE CREAMM NO...

When I heard those words my head can't believe on what I just heard. My conciousness wasn't cooperating so it didn't sink in on me. I wish that Tita Marry is just joking. Please...

"Zandro iho, before my daughter died she left a voice record and she told me to send it to you so that you can listen to her last message" She instructed.

Then Tita ended the call and told me that she will send me a voice recording that my bestfriend did.

I waited for a while and I opened my facebook account. I saw my feed that full of griefs and sad messages to my bestfriend Sandra.

Why? Why she kept it as a secret to me? She didn't told me that she had a cancer all along. Behind those smiles and laugh that she bursted in the air...all of that has a hidden story. Oh Sandra...

TING!

Tita Marry popped up on my messenger. I opened the message and it was a voice message. I play it and sincerely listen it.

"Ma, please send this to Zandro ah?"
"Ok ok"
"Hi bestfriend! It's me Sandra, your pretty bestfriend. Joke! Hahaha"

No. You're indeed beautiful.

"I can't believe that I met an extraordinary man like you so I'm very grateful to have you as my bestfriend hihi. Minsan lang ako magdrama pagbigyan mona."

You really knew me. I hate dramas.

"I'm happy to be with you every single day bestfriend! You are always there to make me annoyed, laugh and smile hahaha thank you!"

And you always complete my day, Sandra.

"Sorry...if I keep this a secret. Ayoko lang na magalala ka sakin."
"I have a Kidney Cancer: Stage 5 bestfriend"

I hate you Sandra! We promised each other diba?!

"Sana pala sinulit kona kahapon."

So do I Sandra. If I only knew that was the last day with you, I cherish it to the fullest.

"Bestfriend, thank you for everything. Sana di moko ipagpalet hehe loveyou"

And then, that is the last she said in the voice message.

***

"No more secrets okay? I don't want you to plant a secret on me because I'm your bestfriend Zandro" I can still hear her saying that words of wisdom to me.

"Okay, I'll not keep secrets from you starting today. I promised." I said while smilling upon her.

"Okay, apology accepted!" She exclaimed and gave me a fistbump.

***

But Sandra, why didn't you say that you have a dangerous secret? It hurts me you know. It hurts me a lot actually. I will not forgive you Sandra, we promised each other remember? You said no more secrets. But you...

"Eventhough you lied to me...You're still my one and only bestfriend that I love, Sandra" And here I am sitting on the park after I listen to her last message. I want to be alone for now so I went to the park where we usually talked and bond.

As I close my eyes, my tears can't help but to flow slowly for her loss.

I love you my Sandra...l

***END***

A/N: Thank you for reading! Don't forget to click the "STAR BUTTON" below. Drop your reactions, comments and even suggestions in the comment box below. Thank you again! Lovelots.