[B] #15 - HEROISM GONE WRONG

A happy day is approaching me today. The sun glazed its feauture and the temperature rose. Also, this day would be a memorable day.

Wanna know why???

Well, I'm happy—extremely happy because today is our field trip. Yeah yeah I'm like a kid who just bought some delicious lollipops but I can't resist the excitement that I'm feeling right now. I'm very excited for today's field trip and I can't be so excited about that.

HAHAHA YES. YES. PAULIT-ULIT NAKO.

So our field trip will be on a History musuem where heroes and some history facts can be seen through texts and paintings. They chose that because the teachers want us to enjoy and at the same time still learning. Isn't that amazing?

To tell you, I'm a big fan of history.

I love history so much and loves to talk how our heroes fought for our freedom and how history works, not to mention that I have a dozen history books here in our home.

Some of my classmates called my "history buffoon" because I'd rather to read history books than talking to them. Sometimes, I get offended but I was immune to their treatment on me.

"MIKAYLA! NANDITO NA YUNG BUS MO BILISAN MO NA RIYAN!"

OH! That's my mother by the way. Chitchats are over guys. I have to get going baka malate pa'ko sa aming field trip.

I went downstairs and I saw my mother who is busy doing the dishes. I went to her direction to bid a farewell.

"Bye Ma! Thank you ulit hehe~" I said and planted a kiss on her cheeks. She promised me that I'm going to join our field trip because she said that this is her birthday gift to me. I thought it was scam nanaman siya like the old days but I'm glad that she heard my plea. Bukod sa incentives, I will get a chance to enjoy this day. Yehey!

She wipe her wet hands and turned to my direction. She held my cheeks too and bent for a minute.

"Basta magenjoy at mag-iingat ka roon ah? Kainin mo rin yung mga pinabaon ko sayo. Enjoy anak!" Then she hugged me. Her hug was warm and I can feel the love that she has for me.

Tuluyan na'kong nagpaalam sakanya at lumabas ng bahay. I saw our school bus waiting for me. I went inside and saw my classmates having their casual chitchats.

"MIKAYLA!" A voice echoed inside the bus. It's Syve my bestfriend. She waved her hand cheerfully and invites me to sit next to her. Aww... She reserved a sit for me. How touching.

"So, what's up?" I said as I sit beside her. She rolled her eyes. HAHAHA maybe Tita and Syve had an argument before going to the field trip.

"Eh kasi si Mama. She didn't want me to bring a phone. I want to bring a phone so we that can capture our best moments. Nakakainis!" Halata sa boses niya na naiirita nga siya. HAHAHA Too bad for her. But I have a good news to her.

I took out my phone and waved it to her. Her mood suddenly change. From being irritated, it brightens up.

"Ohmygash! Akala ko nasira yan?" Yeah. That was true that my phone was broken. Last week dinala ni mama 'yun sa pagawaan ng cellphone at tada! It is like a new phone now.

The bus drove moderately and all of the students have their own businesses to do. No, not LITERAL BUSINESS, I mean they're just talking while some of them bring out their food to eat.

Ofcourse, Syve is addicted to the media so I lend my phone to her and she was posting corny stuffs in the internet.

Me? Ow. As always, good thing I brought my history book with me. So I took it out and read some of its content.

"There goes the buffoon reading again." I heard from somewhere. Hays. Di talaga nila ako tatantanan.

I ignored them and continue reading. This book talks about Jose Rizal and how he fought for our freedom. He didn't use any weapons to fight for the terrorists but what I admire about him the most is he use his words and put in on a paper. He use a pen over a gun to fight. And I find it really inspiring.

Hours passed we are now finally in the museum. Everybody expects more exciting like going to a fun fair or visiting a forest but unfortunately their pleas fell on deaf ears.

Lumabas na kaming mga estudyante sa bus and pinasok na namin ang loob ng museum.

The museum was absolutely amazing and captivitating. I'm so lucky today compared to my classmates who are more looking forward to see fun. For me, this is so much fun!

My classmates seems like they don't have any interest going in here. They would rather to stay at home than to visit a museum. Oh well, too bad for them ahiii~

"Okay class, you may now go... Come back here in less than one hour and we will have our lunch" Our history professor said with conviction. With that said, we lead our ways to our own paths.

"Mikay! Can I borrow your phone muna? I would like to take a selfie in here" Syve is standing beside me.

"Okay! Ingatan mo yan ah! Lagot ako kay mama pag nawala o nasira 'yan." I said looking at her expression. She wave her hand to me and start to walk away.

I started to have my tour inside the museum. There are many paintings that was attached on the walls. Some of them are Ferdinand Marcos, Andres Bonifacio and so on and so fourth but one painting caught my interest. The National Hero: Dr. Jose Rizal.

I walked towards the painting and there is a quote saying:
"Ang kabataan ang pag-asa ng bayan!"

My lips formed a sad smile... I can't imagine how Jose Rizal said this because I think this is not true. This line was not justified totally.

It's too sad that many Filipinos are engaged with some bad doings and criminal perspectives. They even judge oneself to another and let a pilipino get humiliated.

Many Filipinos don't love the air of The Philippines. They prefer to love the air of the other countries than to their own country.

Many Filipinos evolved into a new modern world. The culture that Jose Rizal made and the other heroes are now fading like a dust.

I can't believe that Jose Rizal fought for The Phillipines but the Phillipines didn't fought for his heroism.

"Nagbago na ang bansang pilipinas... Hindi nila makita ang mga sakrispisyo ng mga bayani. Siguro nga... siguro nga maling pinaglaban ko ito..." As I turned my head, my eyes widened as I saw Jose Rizal is standing beside me looking at his frame.

Sorry, Dr. Jose Rizal for letting you down.

***END***

A/N: Thank you for reading! Don't forget to click the "STAR BUTTON" below. Drop your reactions, comments and even suggestions in the comment box below. Thank you again! Lovelots.