[B] #8 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

"Sorry Pat, I'm busy." - Blessy

"I do have an important matter to attend to Pat, Sorry" - Marko

"Sorry, I have a fever right now Pat, I can't meet you" - Vanessa

As I read my friends' messages my smile formed on my lips faded. It seems like they don't remember the date today! Well, who am I to demand for their pressence right? I'm just their "friend". Once I think, if they are true to me or they just pretending to be my friend because I'm pretty and rich?

I'm here at my bedroom sitting and waiting for a miracle to happen. I can't believe that I will celebrate my birthday all by myself. 

Yes, It's my birthday.

"Happy birthday self" I said, trying to cheer myself up. I just can't feel the happiness that I supposed to feel today. Can someone call me right now and ask me to go out somewhere because I'm super bored here and I don't have any plans for my birthday.

To tell you, my father died two years ago while my mother died two days ago and my boyfriend broke up with me last week. In addition, I got failing grades last semester. And now, my friends aren't free to join me to celebrate my birthday. Is this the worse of all worst?

If my friends can't join me. I'll have to celebrate it just by myself. I took a bath and went outside to breath some fresh air and to go somewhere to rejoice my day.

I decided to go to the theme park as a part of my celebration. I don't know, but the theme park is a perfect spot to reminisce what I miss these past few days.

When I reached the park, I sat on the grass where you can feel the softness and relaxing vibes of the park.

I forced a smile across on my lips. Eventhough the people are not willing to be with me on my special day it's okay.

I looked at the blue skies above and made me relax even more. The weather is good, the scenes are lively as well as the atmosphere. The place is amazing and the only can ruin this perfect spot is me.

I can't help but to wonder what's the use of "Happy' in the word "Happy birthday" if the celebrant is sad? They should call it "Sad birthday" right? But it doesn't sounds good.

Random thoughts are flowing on my mind when I felt a vibration from my phone. Maybe someone's calling? Atlast! I hope this person invites me somewhere hihi.

Oh, it's Star: my bestfriend.

"H-hello Pat?" She said on the call. Her voice is shaky but serious.

"Yes Star? Is something wrong? " I asked out of the blue.

"Where are you? I went to your house recently but no avail when I shouted your name" She said. W-what? Why did she went to my house?

"Oh sorry, I'm here at the theme park. Are you okay Star?" I asked again and still clueless on what's going on.

"Okay. Okay. Can we meet? I have something to tell you which is important. I'll meet you at the parking lot near in your house." She said on the call and still her voice is shaky and husky.

"Okay. But can y—'" I cut my words off because she already hung up.

Oh well, I'll meet her instead. Atleast, I will have something to do on my birthday. And maybe something happened so that she wants to meet me right away. I wonder what it is?

I took my leave to the theme park and go the parking lot that my bestfriend wanted me to meet her.

When I reached the place, I roamed my eyes to find her and there she was, waving her hand cheerfully.

I walked towards her.

She gave me a "beso-beso" and beamed a bright smile that can change your mood immediately.

"W-What do you want to talk about?" I asked. "Is there something happened Star that I want to know about?"

"U-uhm..." She mumbled. "D-do you know lance?"

Lance? My ex-boyfriend? I nodded as a reply to her question.

"Well, actually yesterday, he found dead by the police on his own house covered with his blood" My eyes widened as I heard what my friend just said. No. It couldn't be... This is a joke right?

But I don't feel guilty on...

"I know. I know." My train of thoughts were cut off when Star spoke again.

"I know that you don't believe on what I just said" She went on talking.

"Wait! Wait! Do you have any suspect who might kill Lance? This is a shocking news!" I exclaimed.

"Actually yes, the police have a suspect on their report and also me I have a suspect on my mind..." Star replied.

"Tell me who's i—" She cut me off.

"STOP THE CHASE PATRICIA!!!" She shouted on me. What is she talking about? "I want you to confess that you killed your ex-boyfriend Pat!"

I looked her and I can't help to laugh. She's accussing me that I did terrible and bad without serving evidences.

"Pfft! If you're joking Star it's good huh? What made you think that I killed my late boyfriend?" I asked. I stare her again straight in her eyes.

"Because you can't believe that he broke up with you!" She screamed again and took her phone and dialed some series of numbers on the screen.

"Is that the reason why you accused me that I killed my late ex-boyfriend? You know Star, you're funny!" I said.

"I can't kill a person who once completed and became part of my life. That's absurd!" I said once more.

"PLEASE PATRICIA DROP THE ACT NOW!" She keep accussing me huh?

"Hello police? I'm here at the parking lot near to the ch—" I grabbed her phone and throw it somewhere. I can't act really well.

I look at her and shoot some death glares on her. "You're too much of an hero my friend..." I muttered but enough to hear.

I took off my hidden gun inside my pocket and point it to her. Yes! It was me all along nice accussing act Star...

"W-what are you doing Patric" Her voice is worried when I pointed the gun to her. Your time has come my bestfriend.

BANG!

I smiled like a devil. Staring on my bestfriend's body that is lying on the cold floor. I shoot her straight to the heart where her blood scattered everywhere.

What a relief Patricia! Best gift ever!

"Happy Birthday Self!" I told it to myself and took my leave.

***END***

A/N: Thank you for reading! Don't forget to click the "STAR BUTTON" below. Drop your reactions, comments and even suggestions in the comment box below. Thank you again! Lovelots.