26.

ARHAM'S POV:

"Hmm... Who are you and why are you coming with my daughter?" As soon as Muskan moved inside her home I was bombarded with that question.

That man is half crazy! Who owns such a cheap mentality even after being an educated one? I hadn't expected such cheapness from Retired   colonel Arsalan Haidar.

"Uncle I'm Arham Ziyadi, Muskan's classmate..." I introduced myself and he huffed which was enough to make me shiver as his soundly breath made me scared and his bloodshot eyes were glaring at me.

"I already know that you're her classmate... But listen carefully, stay away from my daughter... I know boys like you always try to be close to girls" That was enough for me, I wasn't a boy who roamed around girls, even girls used to roam around me but I don't want that.

"I'm sorry Sir that I'm cross answering with you but I'm not from those boys who roam behind girls, I b...." my sentence was cut off by him in between

"Only my eyes are enough to understand the reality of people, I don't need your falsifications..."

Such a jangli aadmi (uncivilised man) he was! if he wouldn't be Muskan's father, then I would reply him in his own style but then suddenly I listened my inner voice

'Arham hone wale sasur ji se panga mat le, bhari na parh jaye...'

(Arham don't make a negative impression in the eyes of future father-in-law)

But some part of me was dying to give him a befitting reply so I did that too but in a respectful way...

"I know sir, you have many years of experience. Moreover your post in the army gave you this positive attitude to watch the reality of this world in a single glance but this time maybe you are making some mistake in recognising your own daughter.... She isn't a girl who pays attention to boys" I said in a respectful way and he again glared at me .

''I'm not talking about Muskan, I'm talking about you. you better stay away from my daughter" I literally grind my teeth but showed him a smile.

"Sir Please don't think negative, sometimes our eyes aren't able to understand the reality behind the scene, we only see one face of coin at a time, other face always stay hidden." I state politely but he stay silent with his angry expressions, for a while I become scared

'Does he own a gun which is going to shoot me very soon?' my heart asked to my own self and I just gulped.

'No Arham... Jo dar gya wo Mar gaya (one who is afraid is dead) be brave' I said to myself and took a deep breath.

"Sir, I too have sister... I know the importance of dignity in a girl's life, not only for a girl but for her family too." I state the truth, I have a younger sister and I know what I would feel if any boy would flirt with her. Surprisingly my statement didn't calm him down but somehow Mr. Colonel became more angry.

"If you have a sister then you tell me will you like it if your sister will roam around in a boy's car?" He almost burst on me and I thought for a moment but then shook my head which led him to glare at me with more anger.

"To be honest, I won't like my sister to roam around with any boy.... '' my words were cut off in between by him.

" So how could I tolerate my daughter with.... " that time I didn't let him complete

"Sir let me complete at least.... I won't like my sister to roam around with any boy but if my sister and that boy would share a bond like Muskan and me then I don't think I would have any problem... " I state the truth from my heart