Chapter 42: Crisis in Castelia Pt. 3: Heroes of Unova

Trees rushed by the windows as Kendrick stared idly out them, rolling around his palm the Great Ball Flygon rested in. The Vertress Conference was due to start in just under a week, but he, like so many others, was heading there early. Time to train, psych yourself up, and prepare to either win or lose.

The black haired teen loosened his scarf as he surveyed the compartment. The first five compartments were reserved solely for trainers, and he'd picked the last. He didn't want to stand out, unlike those sitting comfortably in first class. 

SLAM

The sudden noise jolted Kendrick in his seat as his gaze whirled towards the opposite end of the train compartment, where three goons waltzed in, a Krokorok snarling at their side. "Alright you lot!" One of the goons barked. "Stay in your seats and be quiet! This train is now under control of Clarity!"

Gasps echoed around the compartment as Kendrick tightened his grip on Flygon's Great Ball. He'd been tempted to go after Clarity when they popped up in Castelia, but he hadn't an idea how he'd get inside the city, so he decided going to Vertress was the best plan. Looks like he was right. Clarity had come to him.

"So what?" He said, rising from his seat, tossing out Flygon, who hovered in the middle of the rows of seats. "I've taken you idiots down before. One or two Pokemon isn't enough to stop me."

"No?" The goon gave a crooked grin. "What if we told you that as soon as this train arrives to Vertress City, you're all gonna be blown sky-high?"

More gasps, but Kendrick merely scowled. "What? You planning on sticking around to die as well?"

"We only need to stay long enough to ensure that it this train doesn't get stopped," another goon spoke. "And that idiot trainers like yourself don't interfere. So get back into your seat, or else." A Magmar and Druddigon were sent out, fire puffing out from the Fire type's mouth. "You can't do a thing, unless you're willing to risk everyone else in this compartment with our battle?"

Kendrick tightened both fists. Most of the trainers looked scared stiff. Only a few looked like they were willing to fight, but hesitation marked their faces. They, like Kendrick, knew that a fight in such close quarters on a train not built for Pokemon battles wasn't a good idea. 

But if they aren't stopped, then we're all going to die anyway, Kendrick braced himself, Flygon doing the same. I don't have a choice here.

...

"CRAP!" Robert dived behind the receptionist's desk as a huge chunk of marble went soaring past with a crash. He peeked over to see Swampert slam into Machamp with a cry of fury, following up with a wave of water that cascaded into the Fighting type.

A huge fist slammed down on the desk and Robert whipped his gaze up to see Strong Arm leering down at him. With a yelp, Robert scrambled backwards as the huge man effortlessly hauled himself over the desk, his boots making a heavy thud as he landed. 

"You really have guts, you and your friends," Strong Arm sounded approving as he stalked towards Robert. "Taking us on, a veritable army. You've had your victories, sure, but we've had many more. Do you know how long we've been operating in Unova?"

"Don't particularly care," Robert had gotten to his feet, sending out Carracosta. "Rollout!"

"HRAAAH!" Strong Arm bellowed as he rushed Carracosta, thrusting out both hands as the Water/Rock type slammed into him. Still roaring, Strong Arm heaved upwards, sending Carracosta straight into the ceiling with a crash. Robert gaped.

"Hah hah!" Strong Arm bashed both fists together. "I hope you recall me mentioning before we've done human experimentations before, yes? Well, I was one of them. One of the first. They say I dropped a few IQ points, but I'd say it's well worth it for this extreme power." His muscles bulged and his veins and eyes turned red. From his bald head three skin colored ridges formed, giving him the appearance of a human/Machoke hybrid.