Chapter 14: The Rogue Pokémon Pt. 2: Genesect

Colress stared up at the sky, which had become cloudy, a few drops of rain splattering on the grass. "I must be off. The research I gathered needs to be cataloged. I do wish you all the best in dealing with that Pokemon if you so choose to go after it. If you do, please consider stopping by my lab. I would love to get my hands on the data for that creature." He turned on his heels and walked off, walking down a path of stairs that led to a trail that winded its way down to ground level.

"Strange dude," Hilda remarked, patting her Samurott's side as the Water type closed his eyes, letting the rain run down his face.

I stared at the spot Colress had disappeared. His words were smooth and his talk about "bringing out the true potential of Pokemon" unnerved me. He reminded me a little too much of another certain blue haired scientist that I knew. Looking at N, I could see that he was staring where I was as well, wearing an expression I was sure I had on.

"Mhm," Robert was nodding with his eyes closed, rocking on the balls of his feet. I rolled my eyes while Hilbert sighed. Then Robert grinned and said the very thing we all expected him to. "Alright, how about we go and find that Pokemon!"

We all looked at each other and grimaced.

"What?" Robert looked between us all. "No seriously, what?"

"We know you all too well," Hilda gave a wide grin as she clasped his shoulder. "And I mean really well."

"You know, you should really be asking our Pokemon if they want to go after a really strong Pokemon like that," Alex said. "They're the ones who'll get beat up while you marvel at the dang thing."

"We might as well get going," Hilbert said, standing up as his Serperior circled him. "We don't want to miss it."

"Wait wait wait," Robert looked confused as Hilda, Alex, and Hilbert began walking off in the direction the powerful Pokemon had left. He shook his head wildly before running after them "Now hold up! You can't just mess with me like that! Only I'm allowed to mess with people like that!"

I stood, too caught up in thinking about Colress to join in their antics against Robert.

"I've seen that Pokemon flying around once before already," Colress had said. "Magnificent creature. His power potential is exceedingly great. But alas, he is not what I'm here to study."

"He was definitely hiding something," N said. I looked at him as he bent down to rub Zorua's head. "You felt the same?"

I nodded. "It's funny. I'm agreeing with someone I find suspicious about how someone else is suspicious. Irony at its finest." Aloud, "Hopefully it's nothing. C'mon, we should catch up to them before Robert falls off a cliff after that Pokemon or something."

...

"Remind me why we're doing this plan?" I asked as I crouched behind a large boulder in the sand, already soaked from the rain. "I mean, a plan that Robert created."

"Because no matter how crazy it seems," Hilda peeked over the slick boulder. "In the end, it'll turn out alright."

"You and Hilbert really do know Robert well," I remarked.

"Please," she rolled her eyes. "Anyone can spend a day with him and know what kind of person he is." She looked at me. "Though, I must say, he looks more sure of himself than when he left Unova."

"What do you mean by that?" I asked, intrigued.

Hilda tapped her chin. "When we first met the guy he was super enthusiastic about Pokemon battles. He trained a powerful team and took on Alder. Even before he lost to him, he looked like he wasn't really putting in his all. Then when he did lose, I don't think he knew what he was going to do after that."