Chapter 26: Bugged Out

"The second Castelia Gym Battle between Zeno the Challenger and Burgh the Gym Leader will now begin!" The Harlequin announced, backing away from the battlefield. "Only three Pokemon are allowed on either side and the battle will be over when the other trainer's Pokemon are unable to battle! Additionally, only the challenger may substitute Pokemon! Now begin!"

"Lycanroc, use Accelerock!" I ordered and my Dusk Form Lycanroc sped forwards. He zigzagged between the cocoon structures that once again littered the battlefield, heading straight for Leavanny.

"String Shot!" Burgh yelled right before Lycanroc slammed into Leavanny. The Bug type shot the web as she was bodied away, but not at Lycanroc. The string latched onto the nearest cocoon, ripping it from the ground and sending it hurtling towards both Pokemon.

"Stone Edge!" I shouted quickly. 

Lycanroc howled as he slammed a paw on the ground, a huge glowing stone jutting out of the ground, piercing the cocoon up into the air. Lycanroc suddenly yelped in pain as Leavanny struck him from behind with Leaf Blade, spinning her body to go for another slash.

"Get away with Double Team!" I shouted and Lycanroc's form shimmered before a dozen copies materialized around him. Leavanny's Leaf Blade slashed through the Lycanroc, its form fading away.

"Accelerock around the arena!" I commanded and the rest of the Lycanroc's began sprinting around all the cocoons to confuse Leavanny.

"Only one way to deal with this!" Burgh yelled. "Leavanny, String Shot another cocoon!"

Leavanny planted her feet firmly as she webbed another cocoon and began pulling it along the ground. She spun her body, pulling the object with her, swinging it faster and faster around the battlefield. One by one the Lycanrocs were being taken out.

"Let's shake things up with Rock Climb!" I shouted and the real Lycanroc slammed both front paws on the ground. The earth shook and suddenly Leavanny quickly rose into the air atop a large rock structure. Lycanroc's talons glowed as they grew longer and sharper. He pulled himself forwards, leaping up and digging into the rockface. He climbed his way up with incredible speeds, eyes fixed on his target.

"Bring it home!" Burgh shouted and Leavanny, straining to keep hold of her String Shot, pulled the cocoon around the corner of the giant rock straight towards Lycanroc.

"Don't worry and slash right through it!" I yelled, pumping my fist.

Howling, Lycanroc propelled himself the rest of the way, slashing one paw against the cocoon as it shot towards him. It ripped apart into many strands of webs, but Lycanroc ignored the falling strands as he let the momentum carry his claws into Leavanny's side. She cried out as she was slammed back to the ground and Lycanroc landed on all fours as the rock shattered into tiny pieces.

"Accelerock!" I yelled. "Quickly, before she gets back up!"

Lycanroc bunched his muscles, but right away I knew something was wrong. As he began to run, he seemed to be straining. Then I realized the strands from the cocoon were stuck to him, slowing him down.

Leavanny rose just as Lycanroc was about to barrel into her. She gracefully spun to one side, slashing downwards with Leaf Blade. Lycanroc yelped as he tumbled away onto his side.

"Shatter her with Stone Edge!" I shouted. "Then use Double Team!"

Dozens of pointed rocks began swirling around Lycanroc as he pushed himself to his feet. He howled and they all shot towards Leavanny.

"Behind a cocoon!" Burgh shouted and Leavanny leaped backwards, but the webbing was torn asunder and the Bug type cried out as several of the rocks slammed into her.