Chapter 6: Illness on Floccesy Ranch

Robert waved back one last time at his family as he and his two friends truly began their journey in Unova. "I can still remember the first time I did this," Robert reminisced. "The start of my first Unovan journey." He smiled, looking up into the sky. "I wonder how those two are doing..."

"Hey, earth to Robert," Alex waved her hand in front of his face as they made their way towards Route 19, the taller buildings of Aspertia thinning out as they neared the edge of the city. "You had taken a call earlier from someone. Mind telling us what it was about anytime soon?"

"Ah, right," Robert nodded. "There's somewhere we need to stop by before Virbank City. Professor Juniper called me and asked for a favor..."

...

"I'll be right back," Robert told his two friends as he backed out of the Pokemon Center. He slid open the side to reveal another screen. He hit the answer key and the main screen flickered to life, showing Professor Juniper. The other screen showed Robert's own face.

"Good morning Robert," The Professor waved her hand, smiling. "I hope you're doing well."

"Of course," Robert nodded, deciding not to tell her about the incident last night with the thugs. "How's everything at the lab?"

She sighed good naturedly. "Oh you know, the usual. That same Pokemon of yours is causing mischief again. He's quite a handful." She smiled again. "However, that just comes with the job."

Robert chuckled. "I plan on staying here for another couple days then I'll begin to make my way back to Nuvema To-" A large shape suddenly appeared in the small screen. A massive blue head with large black fins sprouting from her head and orange ones on her cheeks. "Swaaaa!" She cried, trying to grab the Xtransceiver as her arm slid over Juniper's head.

"Hey!" Professor Juniper cried out, struggling to push the Pokemon away. "Yes, it's Robert, but-Gah!"

Robert laughed, wiping an imaginary tear away. "Hey there, how have you been doing?"

"Swaaaaaaam!"

Robert grinned. "I've missed you too. But please behave girl."

Professor Juniper managed to finally push the Pokemon away, sighing as she examined her now disheveled hair. "Anyway, could you make a stop by Floccesy Ranch as soon as possible? It seems that Pokemon on the ranch are getting sick and the ranchers don't know why. I was hoping you could take a look since you're the only person from my lab that's the closest to there."

"Yeah, of course," Robert nodded, proud that he had been given such an important task. "I'll get right on it!"

He reentered the Pokemon Center and saw Alex tapping Cubchoo's head with a pokeball. He was sucked in and after three rotations, the ball glowed green. 

"Congrats," Robert said, then looked around. "Where's Zeno?"

She jerked a thumb behind her. "In the back room. Probably best not to interrupt. He's trying to get Joltik to feel safe with him."

Robert nodded. "I need to head back to the house, so meet me there once Zeno is done."

"Will do," Alex said as Robert left.

...

"So how is Joltik?" Robert asked when he was done explaining.

Zeno glanced down at his waist where his pokeballs were clipped. "I wish I could say perfectly fine, but that would be a lie. Mind you, Nurse Joy and Audino did a wonderful job, but..." He shook his head. "Anyway, if we need to help some sick Pokémon, shouldn't we be trying to get there as fast as possible?"