Chapter 46: The Queen of Dragons

"I think we're live?" Hau tapped the camera. "You all able to hear me?"

"Loud and clear," Gladion responded through the speaker, his screen appearing next to Hau's on the screen.

"-by! Get your head out of the bag!" Lillie's screen came online, showing her desperately trying to tug Nebby's moon shaped head out of the bag. "Sorry guys, I'll be there in a sec-AHH!" Nebby shook herself and jostled the camera, making it fall and mute her.

"Well, that was entertaining," a new voice drawled. "You Alolans are something." A fourth screen appeared, loading for a second before showing a black haired girl with hoop earrings reclining in her chair, pitch darkness surrounding her. "'Sup."

"Glad you could join us, Clara!" Hau greeted her.

"Salutations, and all that crap," Gladion offered a half-hearted wave. "Who else are we waiting on?"

"Preston?" Hau directed his question to Clara.

"On business," she shrugged. "He sends his love. I think."

"Has the stream started yet!?" Emma asked frantically the moment she came online.

"Girl, chill," Renée said, popping on at the same time. "As I said, we're a few minutes early. Oh, did you invite S-, I mean, Delta?"

"I did, but he didn't seem that inter-er-er-er-ested." Emma's screen went fuzzy before it leveled out as she smacked it. "Great, the Wi-Fi is acting up again." Her voice was a bit choppy now. "This is what I get for never upgrading my current plan. Looker always did like keeping it cheap."

Another screen appeared, but this one remained blank. A message popped up, reading "Give me a sec Emma and I'll have it working better than ever before."

"Huh?" The girl in question blinked at the message. "Who's-" Her screen went dark before it came back even crisper than before. "Woah, thank you, whoever you are!"

"Oh shoot it's Robert!" Hau exclaimed, having checked the list of people in the call. "Hey man!"

A waving icon appeared just as Lillie's camera moved back up and she sat down, her hair disheveled. She started speaking, but no sound came through.

"You're muted," Gladion pointed out.

Lillie flushed and hid her face as she unmuted herself. "Sorry!" She squeaked.

"Don't worry about it," Hau reassured her. "You look great by the way!"

"Hau," Gladion said, his tone darkening.

"Uh, I think it's starting," Renée said as the livestream in the corner of everyone's screen began to load.

"Oh crap," Clara sat up straight, rubbing her hands in glee. "Time to see just how strong Zeno really has gotten since Kalos."

"Make your bets now boys and girls," Hau grinned madly. "It's go time."

...

Stew bubbled in a pot held over a campfire, Silver slowly stirring its contents. He briefly glanced up at the portable TV he'd set up. "That time again, eh? You lost in the last tournament. Do you have what it takes to win?"

Feraligatr stirred from his nap beside him, sniffing the air. His predatory gaze settled on the spoon stirring the pot.

"Keep yourself in check," Silver told him dryly. "No funny ideas."

...

"Oh yeah, best seat in the house!" Meowth yowled, hanging halfway over the basket as the hot air balloon hovered high above the stadium. "We can see all the action from here!"