Chapter 54: Clash of Truth & Ideals; Team Plasma's Final Hour

Robert's breath came out as a icy mist. He raised his gaze to look at the gigantic wave that had rose from the ocean to protect him. It had been frozen entirely and parts of it broke and fell onto the ice covered sea. Wailord shivered beneath him as he got to his feet unsteadily just as the frigate passed by overhead, casting a dark shadow over them. Robert watched its progress and sucked in a breath once he realized much of the coast had been frozen along with Looker's forces.

"Get us to shore," Robert patted Wailord and the gigantic Pokemon began to turn. Ice cracked all around them as they slowly made their way back to land while Robert gazed at the back of the frigate with dread. "It's up to you now, N."

...

"We should be safe here," Alex said, gingerly setting Zeno down on the bed. She and her Pokemon had managed to lose Team Plasma and had now begun holing themselves up in what appeared to be the medical wing.

"I should really take the time to learn first aid," she muttered to herself as she dug through the cabinets. Finding some alcohol-free wipes and some bandages, she got to work on dressing Zeno's wounds as best as she could. A couple of times he stirred, but he didn't wake up fully.

Praying he'd be alright, Alex went and pressed her ear against the door, Beartic and Ninetales making way for her to do so. She couldn't hear anything in the hallway outside, which was a good sign. What was probably bad was that any sounds of fighting had since ceased. She wondered if the Elite 4 had been overwhelmed and been captured.

She glanced at Zeno. Or worse...

The frigate lurched, nearly knocking Alex off her feet. Zeno groaned and almost fell out of the bed before Beartic rushed forward to hold him still. Alex leaned on the wall to stay upright. The ship was tilting downwards. Were they going to land?

We must already be at the Giant Chasm, she realized. She hurried over to the porthole and peered outside. A thin fog hung outside, but she could see snow covered pine trees and rising up to meet them. "Well, this is it. I had a feeling we'd end up here despite our best efforts." She gripped a fist. "Don't let us down, N."

...

The frigate lowered itself into the Giant Chasm, snow blowing in every direction as it made to land. It touched down, a gangplank shooting down into the earth. Ghetsis was first off, his cane clanging off the metal with each step. Just behind him came Colress, and flanking the two of them were the Shadow Triad. Marching down after them were the entirety of the Team Plasma forces, and tied with rope in the middle were the Elite Four.

"You are certain that you can access the pokeballs?" Ghetsis asked Colress gruffly.

"I can," Colress smirked. "It was just a matter of taking Zeno's vocals and reproducing them in a manner that would register to the pokeballs as the real thing. Zekrom and Reshiram are ours."

"Mine, they are mine," Ghetsis snapped as he set foot onto the earth. "Do not forget your place, Colress."

"Of course," Colress gave a little bow.

"Once the Original Dragon is mine, Unova will be but a mere stepping stone in my conquest to take the world," Ghetsis smiled cruelly as Team Plasma made their way towards the gaping hole in the side of the chasm wall. "No one, not even Zeno can stop me now. It's a shame though, that the freak had to go and lose to the likes of him. But no matter. He served his purpose."

"So that's really all I was to you?"

Ghetsis came to a halt, his visible eye widening. N stood in the entrance of the cave, his gaze troubled. "I really did love you as a father. I thought you really cared for me. For Pokemon. But you are the very kind of person I despise."