Chapter 16: The Pokémon Liberation Speech

"Krokorok, use Stone Edge!" Robert commanded as he threw his arm out. Krokorok roared as he shot dozens of sharp stones towards my Pokemon.

"Mimi, dodge and counter with Dazzling Gleam!" I ordered and Mimi ducked and slid beneath the incoming projectiles, her body glowing with a beautiful and painful light. Krokorok stepped back, shielding his eyes in pain as Mimi darted into the shadows.

"Shadow Claw!" I shouted. Mimi leaped from the shadows, wielding giant shadowy claws that she raked down the Ground type's back. "Now Play Rough!" Mimi slammed into Krokorok and they tumbled over the dirt battlefield, Mimi tossing Krokorok up and slamming him down to earth.

"We have him on the ropes," I pumped my fist as I grinned. 

"Don't count your Torchics before they hatch!" Robert advised as Krokorok got back to his feet, his eyes narrowing intensely as a red aura blasted around him as he roared, nearly knocking Mimi off her feet. "Use that anger to your advantage! Earthquake!"

Having arrived in Accumula and taking some time to have Kukui send over a couple of my 'mons from his place so Robert and I could have our battle. N was staying behind at the Pokemon Center in order to have the egg get a checkup while Alex followed Robert and I to watch our bout. We were battling in one of the town's parks where we seemed to have gathered an audience of passerbys, which only served to heat up our already intense match. 

A loud crash sent Mimi tumbling behind me, Krokorok panting heavily where he stood, his red aura flickering.

"Good job, Mimi," I said, picking her up. "I'll be sure to give you a little extra food later." One of my pokeballs opened up on their own, Mawile coming out with a pout on her face as she glared at me. I returned Mimi, chuckling as I rubbed Mawile's head. "You want to avenge Mimi don't you? You two will be such good friends." Mawile stared at me for a couple seconds before rolling her eyes and turning to her opponent.

"Alright then!" I brought up my fist. "Run at him while using Fairy Wind!" Mawile took off, a pink wind blasting against Krokorok. 

"Earthquake again!" Robert roared and Krokorok slammed a fist into the ground. The earth shattered towards Mawile, but she leaped into the air, twirling her body to slam her metallic glowing back jaw into the pieces, smashing right through them. She skidded along the ground upon landing and shot forwards, sucker punching the Dark type in the chin before twirling her body again, this time generating more pink wind, blasting Krokorok along the ground. He teetered before falling onto his back fainted.

"Augh!" Robert yelled, then began laughing. "We're tied again!"

"What is it now? 4 to 4?" I held up my fist. "C'mon Rob, you still haven't shown me everything you have to offer!

"You want more?" Robert raised an eyebrow as a smirk formed. "Then I'll give you what you need!" He hurled a pokeball into the air. "Come on out, Carracosta!" The giant Water/Rock type crashed onto the battlefield, glancing first at Robert, then Mawile. "Let's go with Aqua Jet!"

"Sucker Punch!" I yelled.

Both Pokemon shot towards one another, Carracosta's body enveloped in a layer of water while Mawile's fist glowed. Seconds before they made contact, a voice cried out, "STOP!" and a glowing barrier erected between both Pokemon. Carracosta slid backwards while Mawile flipped and landed on her feet, shaking her fist in anger as the Liepard who had used Protect stood, the barrier dissolving. A woman in white and gray robes over black clothes hurried over to stand next to the Liepard, a familiar "P" zigzag symbol emblazoned on her chest. Her orange hair poked out of her gray hood as she looked at both me and Robert with a rather firm look whilst she placed her hands on her hips.