Chapter 51: P2 Laboratory Raid

"There it is," N said, leaning against the boat's railing as it sailed towards the island. A dome-like structure stood visible just over the tops of the trees.

"It's way out here," Robert said, frowning. "Perfect place to hide a secret lab. Also, what's with the name "P2 Laboratory"?"

"You'd have to ask Colress." N shook his head as Zoroark padded over to him. N smiled softly before rubbing the Pokemon's head. "He's very... enigmatic. Especially when it came to naming things."

"Go figure," Alex snorted. "All you mad scientist types are complete wackos."

"Hey!" Robert exclaimed, pretending to look affronted. "I consider myself a step above the rest thank you very much!"

"That says a lot."

"And what do you mean by that!?"

Someone chortled behind them. "Nothing tells you more of two people's friendship than the way they argue. I consider myself honored I got to come along for the ride." Marlon of the Elite 4 frowned as he steered the boat towards the island. "Are you certain it's abandoned?"

N went to say yes, before hesitating. "No, not anymore. Colress could have used it for his own operations. I was never fond of him. His talk of bringing out the true potential of Pokemon... It was unnerving. Not to mention that Genesect of his..."

"That's the one you mentioned on the way here," Alex remembered. "The Bug/Steel type he was researching. You think it'll be here?"

"This is just off of Route 18 and 17, so it is possible," Robert mused. "Plus, Colress, mad scientist type, he's bound to have a few surprises waiting at this lab even if it is abandoned."

"Maybe if we're lucky the frigate will be here as well," Alex said darkly, cracking her knuckles.

"I never quite liked the look you get in your eyes when you get this way," Robert sweat dropped as he edged away from her malicious aura. "I pity the poor fools who go after your boyfriend."

"Careful," Alex warned him, a smirk playing on her features. "You're usually one of those fools."

"I want to apologize," N said, turning to face her. "For... everything. Zeno proved himself a true hero, and I... was played for a fool. And because of that, he got hurt. I'm sorry."

"Oh, uh..." Alex shrugged, not really looking at him. "You weren't ever really a bad guy. We kinda already knew that. Zeno knew that for sure. He's always been good at reading people. You were just... misguided."

"Misguided," N tried the words on his tongue. He looked doubtful.

"I think Zeno actually respects you," Alex said, this time smiling. "While we definitely didn't agree with Team Plasma's methods, what you're fighting for, it's not wrong. As I said, you've just been misguided. But your beliefs, they aren't wrong. Never forget that."

"I... thank you, Alex."

"Anytime... Natural Harmonia Gropius."

"...My sisters told you my name, didn't they."

"Yep," Alex made a popping sound when she said it. "Oh look, we're here."

Marlon spun the wheel, aiming for a small and dingy dock. He slowed as they approached and docked the boat. He swung himself over the railing and landed on the rotted boards, testing their weight. "It's safe, but probably just one at a time. And don't let your Pokemon out until we get to the beach."

"Aye aye captain!" Robert mocked saluted as the Elite 4 trainer crossed the dock and motioned for them to follow. When they finally joined him, his Quagsire had been let out onto the sand. With two flashes of light, Ninetales joined Alex while Swampert immediately latched onto Robert. Zoroark simply transformed into an Archeops and soared over the water before turning back into himself next to N.