🥪13🥪

↬↬↬↬↬♡↫↫↫↫↫

"What's with your sour face?" Jacob judged his own bestfriend.

Younghoon spared a glance as he was taking his shoes off. "What in the world, you're already home?"

Jacob hummed in response. "The event got cancelled."

"Ohh..." Younghoon then walked into their dorm by dragging his feet.

"Where have you been? What's with your energy?" Jacob continued with his interrogation like what parents normally do.

Younghoon plopped the seat beside Jacob and hugged his waist, leaning against his upper body.

Jacob paused for a moment before patting his back. "Why? What's wrong?"

Younghoon snuggled closer. "Remember the group of guys you confront the other day?"

Jacob hummed in response for Younghoon to continue.

"They are her brothers." Younghoon said.

Jacob gasped in shock. "What a small world."

Being the only close friend, Jacob knew the story about Jihyun and her brothers.

"I met them earlier today and they knew I like her." Younghoon whined.

"Then are you dead? It would be worse if they knew I'm your close friend. They might strike you off. What did they say though? When they knew about you like their sister."

Younghoon listened to everything Jacob had to say then a long sigh escaped from his mouth. "The thing is... they just nod their head and left me alone. And one of them told me to hang in there."

"You mean the one that is actually supporting you?" Jacob questioned.

Younghoon hummed in response then removed his grasp on Jacob's body and leaned back on the sofa. "Her brothers..." He mumbled as he closed his eyes.

Jacob could only pursed his lips and patted Younghoon's arms in comfort.

↬↬↬↬↬♡↫↫↫↫↫

The tension in the dining kitchen for the siblings rose to the max level.

"Spill the beans." Jihyun commanded.

"Jihyun-ah, let's eat first okay? It's dinn-" Sangyeon tried to feed his sister but he got rejected instead.

Jihyun shook her head. "I'm not hungry and it's not important. Stop changing the topic."

True enough, her brothers have never ever seen this side of her. She was never this mad.

Eventually her brothers gave in and explained what had happened all these years.

Definitely took Jihyun awhile to register everything in her brain. Like why would her brothers go to such an extent to protect her?

"So how many of them were involved?" Jihyun was baffled but she managed to compose herself and asked that question.

The brothers looked at one another. None of them keep track of course. Only one did, their secret room.

"Is there anything else that you guys are hiding from me? It's better to tell me now or I would go crazy when I find out sometime later." Jihyun sternly said, clearly had enough of her brothers' overprotectiveness behaviour.

Sangyeon heaved a huge sigh. "Come and follow us."

Following the oldest lead, the siblings gathered in the secret room.

The first thing that caught Jihyun's eyes was the notice board full of pictures and information of those involved. She was speechless as she scanned the whole room.

She opened her mouth to say something but nothing came out. She doesn't even know where to begin. Her legs felt so weak that she almost lost her balance.

Noticing her wobbly legs, Juyeon approached closer and held on her tight. She looked up to him. "H-how do you guys know?" At that period of time, she was already on the verge of crying.

"Juhaknyeon." Juyeon muttered softly. "He keep us informed who were the ones that have their eyes on you."

Jihyun looked down, spacing out. "Hakkie..." She licked her lips.

"He did nothing wrong, it was us that made him do this. Please don't hate him." Jaehyun knew what was going on in her mind, the betrayal she got from her own bestfriend.

"Sure, but he knew everything which I didn't. Including this room." She shot back. "Would you guys do the same for the one that I like too? Is this why I've never received a confession before? I've always thought that I'm lacking in so many ways that I should just focus on studies... But you guys did this? Why? I thought I was pretty gifted to have such caring brothers but-" She choked on her words then shook her head. "I'm out."

She shoved Juyeon's loosened grip and left the room. None of her brothers make a move. They were never given the chance to speak but they do get where she was coming from. Regrets were clearly shown on their faces.

A loud thud sound was heard that snapped her brothers back to their senses. Sangyeon rushed out followed by the younger ones. They then discovered that Jihyun had locked herself in her room.

It was quiet for a moment but they could hear her sobbing awhile later. She was definitely crying. And that broke her brothers' hearts.

Sangyeon was on the floor right outside her room, Jaehyun was restless in the living room and Juyeon was leaning against the door of his room that was opposite of Jihyun's room.

"Jihyun... Please don't cry..." Sangyeon whispered with his cracked voice. "We are sorry..."

Hearing his voice made her cry even more. Jihyun was wrapping her legs right beside her bed. Why? So many of them were injured because of me.

In the end, she can't help but to blame herself for the ones that were confronted by her brothers.

If one out of so many of them was hospitalized, how about the rest? Were all of them hospitalized too? How much threatened did they receive?

Just the thought of her being the cause for hurting them boys made her even more upset.

She buried her face on her legs and tears streamed down uncontrollably.

None of her brothers budged from their spots and they were silently crying as they listened to her cries for the whole night.

↬↬↬↬↬♡↫↫↫↫↫