Chapter 9 - know your boss

You woke up to the sound of your alarm clock, constantly beeping and Okamun screeching from the sound. You groggily lift yourself up from your comfy bed and pull your alarm clock's plug to not only stop the clock's beeping but aswell stop Okamun from screeching any longer. "What a rude awakening am I right Okamun?" You groan, Okamun nods and floats off your bed and out of your room. Since it felt like one of those days in autumn you changed into a coffee colored sweater, (F/C) long sleeved shirt and some faded blue denim pants and exited your room to your lobby.

As you entered the lobby, the dock door opened with Hat kid walking in, still wearing her pajamas. "Why aren't you dressed? You don't wanna be late for more filming" you say to which Hat kid witj sleep in her eyes replies "Dead bird studios has an infestation, the Receptionist was lockingn the whole place up he discovered in the basement. Today everyone's relaxing and tomorrow we're doing filming outside" you look at her with confusion "how do I know your not lying?" "Here" Hat kid pulls out her phone to a chatroom called "buddy bunch".

One of the messages from a person named "happy feet" which said " "Hat kid darling, the studio has an infestation so for the rest of our filming. The Conductor's messaged your cousin about this aswell but the two of us have agreed to have a day off so tomorrow you don't need to come to the studio, have a nice day Darling!" With seeing that message you grabbed your phone to see a message from the Conductor with a similar message from "happy feet", already knowing happy feet was Dj Grooves.

"Hey lass, apparently the studio had in infestation so we'll be filming outside until the infestation is taken care of. That peck neck penguin made me agree on giving you and the crew a day off but after that, double time on filming!" You shove your phone back in your pocket and looked at your cousin "guessing your sleeping in on your day off?" You ask, hat kid just nods with her eyes constantly blinking to stay awake. Hat kid heads back to her ship to continue sleeping and you had an energy bar for breakfast since you felt lazy and teleported to Mafia town.

Things didn't go as planned since instead of Mafia town, you were in a town full of birds. Everyone was staring at you which made you uncomfortable until you heard a familiar voice "(Y/N)? What are ye doing here?" You turn your head to see the Conductor, head tilted from confusion. You brush yourself off from teleporting and turn to him "I was going to explore Mafia town but now...I guess not?" You exclaimed, comfusion in your voice, you notice the yellow owl isn't wearing his normal clothing, or you assumed that's what he'd wear anywhere.

The Conductor wore a white long-sleeved shirt with a dark grey vest, a pair of black pants,grey shoes and the same hat from yesterday. 'He must love his hat to keep wearing it after ours' you thought, "(Y/N) your at seed park, near talon canyon" the Conductor explained, pointing to a sign saying "Seed park". You stopped staring at the sign when you felt the odd owl tap your shoulder, "since you don't know where to go from here, I could help ye since ah don't have much to do fer today" the Conductor persuaded, holding his talons out as gesture to come with him.

You did need help in this new area but felt hesitant, "plus I could get to know ye a little more, ah don't know you like ye know me" now, that was true. The only reason how you know him is from your cousin's letters, heck the only thing he knows about you is that your Hat kid's older cousin. You nod saying."I'd love for some help in this new place and technically, I'm a stranger to you". The Conductor chuckles at your response and gestured you to follow him, today seemed like a good day.
.
.
.
You and the Conductor were walking in an outdoor mall, neither of you wanted to go into any of the stores and just wanted to admire the scenery. The two of you ended up next to a fountain so you both decided to take a break on a bench near the fountain. You were staring at the sky when the Conductor spoke "so, how old was the little lass when she met ye?" Hearing that you replied "she was about one year's old when she met me. It was her first birthday and I was invited to meet her".

The Conductor smiled at your answer, "what's yer family like Lassie?" You froze, memories of your family and that day floorded back into your mind. You felt your eyes begin to slowly water until you felt talons patting your back "if it's personal ye don't need to tell is (Y/N)" the Conductor reassured you, pulling some folded tissues out of his pocket. You gladly take the tissues and wipe your tears away, breathing in to relax yourself. You thank the Conductor and the rest of the day was just the western loving owl asking you questions and you answering a few since some you would say was personal.
.
.
.
"She'll be here in a few minutes" you explain, since you couldn't teleport back to your ship Hat kid had to come get you. You and the Conductor stood in the middle of seed park, the only sounds of other birds chattering and the wind flowing through your hair and his feathers. It felt a little awkward just standing there so to lighten the mood and make time fly, you tap the Conductor's shoulder spooking him and yelling "you're it!" And getting a head start. For a second the Conductor looked confused but began chasing you yelling "Ye won't get far lassie!" And so the chase is on! You ran as fast as you could, avoiding the owl's talons from tagging you. Even though he would tag you, he'd be tagged in 10 seconds, you we're having more fun than you've ever had before. You tripped on a rock and fell to the ground, out of breath and the Conductor right behind you.

The two of you were laughing and out of breath with some of the birds watching you both. "Yer quick" the Conductor panted "your fast for having feathers" right as you said that Hat kid teleported right next to you, "am I interrupting something?" Hat kid asks, noticing you and the Conductor were out of breath and sweating a little, "yer cousin thought a little chase would make time fly" the Conductor explained, standing up straight and reached his talons out for you to grab. You smile and grabbed his talons getting pulled up, "Thank's for showing me this beautiful place" you lightly chuckle, before he could say anything You were teleported back onto your ship with your cousin next to you. "Pressed the button at the wrong time" your cousin mumbled and quickly dashe dback onto her ship leaving you alone.
.
.
.
You layed in your bed, okamun curled up like a cat on the corner of your bed, for some reason you couldn't fall asleep. You've tried to sleep but you kept tossing and turning with a warm feeling in your chest, you carefully hopped out of bed, trying not to wake up the slumbering dweller and quietly walk out to your kitchen. You prepared yourself some coffee even though coffee seemed like a bad idea before sleep and stared into the vast sea of space, wondering how others would react with your situation. He warm feeling died down slowly so you quickly finished your cup of coffee and headed back to bed, feeling tired you slowly closed your eyes for a peaceful slumber just as you thought

"Why did it feel like someone else was having the same problem as me?"

An : school is back in session for me which sucks and not only am I back in school, but in a couple weeks I won't be learning online which makes it worse. There will be a Halloween special for this book and hopefully it will be planned on October 31st