••6•• Partners?

I drove to school with Pete because his car was damaged.
***
Then we arrived. Pete and I went rushing to Jack, Dilla , and Dilla's boyfriend, Nelson.

"Hey!" I said to them, they turned around and said hellos. While I was talking to them, I turned around to see busses coming, then I saw Max.

We haven't talked or done anything with each other for weeks. I hope he's not mad that I rejected him.

"Why, hello Gisselle." He spoke to me in a fancy British accent. I don't know why, does he want forgiveness? What did he want?

"Uh hi."

The school bell rung, I went inside to my science class, still taking notes for formulas.
***
It was Phys Ed time, my leg was shaking a lot when the teacher, Mr. Ireah announced what to do today: Partner dancing.

He did NOT just choose that. I swear if I have to be with the opposite gender, I will explode.

"So class, we are going to do partner dancing since your 'precious' night is coming up in two weeks. You will have to dance with the opposite gender for the whole week. You are not allowed to choose with another partner and when someone asks you to be your partner, you have to say yes. No is not allowed in here for the week." Dammit, why. I feel like I'm going to scream but I couldn't do that to the middle of the class, I would just run.

"NOW GO PICK YOUR PARTNERS" Mr. Ireah shouted.

I stand up, looking around. No one will pick me, I'm the only one left. A hand touched my shoulder, I stood still and turned around. Max was there. Why me.

"Partners?" Max and I never touched each other again until now. I had to say yes, not no. So I nodded.

His hands were out, waiting for mine to touch them to dance. I touched his hands, they felt warm and looked pale, but not red. While Mr.Ireah and Mrs.Fovic slow danced, my eyes were wide. We have to do this??!!? No way I'm doing this, it's a waste of my life time because I don't have a date and I'm pretty sure I'm not going.

So we started slow dancing. This is awkward. Really awkward. My face was just straight, I was just bitting my bottom lip. Max smiled, I think he grew taller. I was five four and he was like.. Six one?

***

"Did you enjoy it?" He smirked at me. Why would he ask me if I did or not? I ignored the question and walked away. He tried to follow me, so I ran away.
**
As I drove home, I strangely thought of Max again. I started to text Dilla, Jack , and Pete. Our conversation name turned into: The texting square.
I laughed and texted:

αнα, ρяєтту ¢σσℓ иαмє тнєяє.

Pete Hickerson is typing...

w̠̘̗͖̮̥ͣ̽ͫ͂h͚̖̜̍̃͐y͉̝͖̻̯ͮ̒̂ͮ͋ͫͨ t̘̟̼̉̈́͐͋͌̊h͚̖̜̍̃͐a̘̫͈̭͌͛͌̇̇̍n͉̠̙͉̗̺̋̋̔ͧ̊k̲̱̠̞̖ͧ̔͊̇̽̿̑ͯͅ y͉̝͖̻̯ͮ̒̂ͮ͋ͫͨo͎̜̓̇ͫ̉͊ͨ͊u̟͎̲͕̼̳͉̲ͮͫͭ̋ͭ͛ͣ̈.

His font is amazingly cool.

Jack Wener is typing...

wow тнaт ғonт тнo, preттy ѕιcĸ dυde.

Dillanne Foy is typing...

ÿ̤ë̤ä̤ḧ̤.

Yup, Dilla has a full name, and that is Dillanne, but we called her Dilla or Dil for short.

Jack Wener is typing...

ѕaw yoυ dancιng wιтн мaх, waѕ ιт ғυn?

I typed back ten times faster than usual.

σн ѕнυт υρ, нє αѕкє∂ мє. ιт ωαѕ αωкωαя∂ fσя gσ∂ѕ ѕαкє

Dilla started typing.

ẅ̤ö̤ä̤ḧ̤ ẅ̤ö̤ä̤ḧ̤, ḧ̤ë̤ ä̤s̤̈k̤̈ë̤d̤̈ ÿ̤ö̤ṳ̈?? g̤̈ï̤r̤̈l̤̈, ÿ̤ö̤ṳ̈ n̤̈ë̤ë̤d̤̈ ẗ̤ö̤ ẗ̤ë̤l̤̈l̤̈ m̤̈ë̤ ẗ̤ḧ̤ë̤ f̤̈ṳ̈l̤̈l̤̈ d̤̈ë̤ẗ̤ä̤ï̤l̤̈s̤̈ ä̤s̤̈ä̤p̤̈, ï̤ s̤̈ẅ̤ë̤ä̤r̤̈.

ℓαтєя ∂ιℓ. αяє уσυ gυуѕ gσιиg тσ ρяσм?

y͉̝͖̻̯ͮ̒̂ͮ͋ͫͨe̮̟͈̣̖̰̩̹͈̾ͨ̑͑a̘̫͈̭͌͛͌̇̇̍h͚̖̜̍̃͐, p̱̱̬̻̞̩͎̌ͦ̏e̮̟͈̣̖̰̩̹͈̾ͨ̑͑n͉̠̙͉̗̺̋̋̔ͧ̊e̮̟͈̣̖̰̩̹͈̾ͨ̑͑l͕͖͉̭̰ͬ̍ͤ͆̊ͨo͎̜̓̇ͫ̉͊ͨ͊p̱̱̬̻̞̩͎̌ͦ̏e̮̟͈̣̖̰̩̹͈̾ͨ̑͑ i̞̟̫̺ͭ̒ͭͣs̪̭̱̼̼̉̈́ͪ͋̽̚ c͔ͣͦ́́͂ͅo͎̜̓̇ͫ̉͊ͨ͊m̘͈̺̪͓ͩ͂̾ͪ̀̋i̞̟̫̺ͭ̒ͭͣn͉̠̙͉̗̺̋̋̔ͧ̊g͎͚̥͎͔͕ͥ̿ w̠̘̗͖̮̥ͣ̽ͫ͂i̞̟̫̺ͭ̒ͭͣt̘̟̼̉̈́͐͋͌̊h͚̖̜̍̃͐ m̘͈̺̪͓ͩ͂̾ͪ̀̋e̮̟͈̣̖̰̩̹͈̾ͨ̑͑

dυnno, dependѕ on тнe gιrl ιм aѕĸιng тo.

ẗ̤ö̤ẗ̤ä̤l̤̈l̤̈ÿ̤, ï̤m̤̈ g̤̈ö̤n̤̈n̤̈ä̤ g̤̈ö̤ ẅ̤ï̤ẗ̤ḧ̤ n̤̈ë̤l̤̈s̤̈ö̤n̤̈.

Great, everyone has a date but me, I don't know about Jack though.

ḧ̤ö̤ẅ̤ ä̤b̤̈ö̤ṳ̈ẗ̤ ÿ̤ö̤ṳ̈ g̤̈ï̤s̤̈? ẅ̤ḧ̤ö̤s̤̈ ẗ̤ḧ̤ë̤ g̤̈ṳ̈ÿ̤?
I swear, I'm going to kill Dilla. I could imagine her doing jokes and relationship names at me. But I don't have a relationship, which that makes Dilla can make up names. Ha.

иσ σиє, ι мιgнт ѕтαу нσмє

really, gιѕ? coмe on, нave ғυn aт proм вecaυѕe тнιѕ ιѕ a one тιмe ѕpecιal dance тo yoυr wнole lιғe, ιт мιgнт cнange yoυ and everyтнιng.

Jack is right. I should go to prom. Prom doesn't mean I need a date. I could go to prom single and fresh.

I replied and said fine.